Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Avocados are the answer for quick and delicious lunches. Make the easy buffalo chicken salad ahead of time and simply stuff into an avocado when you are ready to eat! Lunch perfection.
My love for buffalo sauce is deep and strong. I blame my husband for getting me hooked on this hot sauce. I use to hate it when we first began dating. I couldn’t understand why he put it on everything.
As time and years together rolled on my obsession with buffalo sauce recipes grew stronger.. now.. I think I eat more buffalo flavored dishes than the husband.
- Buffalo Chicken Cheese Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Low Carb Buffalo Sloppy Joes
- Buffalo Chicken Nuggets
Yeah.. that is only the beginning guys. Now we’ve got these buffalo chicken stuffed avocados!
All you need is a few simple ingredients to pull together the easy buffalo chicken salad and then ripe avocados!
What I love in our buffalo chicken salad
- Chicken – for sake of making life easier I love being able to use one of those ready baked rotisserie chicken you can buy in the grocery stores. They just make life easier. Now if you want to bake your own chicken
- Cottage Cheese – now these is my favorite since it has great additional protein. A simple plain yogurt can work as an excellent replacement.
- Celery – love love loveee adding celery to my chicken salads. It adds the perfect amount of crunch to a chicken salad.
- Hot Sauce – our lovely hot sauce obsession. You can use any of your own favorite hot sauces but from my experience some are hotter than others so if you don’t use the hot sauce we’ve linked in the recipe card just be cautious how much you add to your chicken salad and taste until you add more.
You can sprinkle your stuffed avocado with additional blue cheese, hot sauce and even some low carb ranch for a bit more saucy sauce flavor.
HOW MANY NET CARBS IN OUR BUFFALO CHICKEN STUFFED AVOCADO
3 Net Carbs per stuffed avocado.Â Â A stuffed avocado is one half of the sliced avocado and about 1/2 cup of buffalo chicken salad spooned into it.
Avocado actually fills me up really quickly so I can only eat one half of an avocado. So 3 Net Carbs for a lunch that keeps me full makes me really happy! Especially since it involves buffalo flavors. 😉
If you are new to this Low Carb/Keto lifestyle and are unsure what we are talking about please feel free toÂ read up more on Net Carbs and why people do or donâ€™t subtract sugar alcohols.
How to keep an avocado fresh if not using all of it??
Since I just mentioned how I only can eat half of an avocado for lunch I feel like I should share an avocado tip I’ve been doing for years that really works.
No one likes browning avocado.. hence why most people try to devour an avocado immediately upon cutting it. Guacamole anyone? 😉
Well, when you cut an avocado in half and pull it apart there is a side with the pit and another side without it. Eat the side without the pit for lunch with this buffalo chicken salad and KEEP the pit inside the other side for tomorrow.
Simply take some cling wrap and press it over the avocado pit and avocado flesh to trap in the freshness and eat within 24 hours.Â
Sometimes depending on how ripe the avocado is to begin with it will get a bit brown in places but nothing like it would if you left it not covered and without the pit.Â I’ve found keeping the pit inside the uneaten side of the avocado key.
Now that you’ve obtained my avocado storing tip you are prepared for delicious lunches from here on out!
Heck, even if you can’t get your hand on ripe avocados feel free to eat this buffalo chicken salad with a spoon sans avocado! I’ve totally done that before while enjoying with a few cheese chips. <3
OTHER LOW CARB RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
- Low Carb Chocolate Covered Bacon
- Low Carb Spinach Cobb Salad
- Low Carb Broccoli Slaw Recipe
- Low Carb Oven Roasted Broccoli
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Avocado
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 2 Tablespoons blue cheese crumbles
- 2 Tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 avocados , sliced and pitted
- In a small bowl mix together cottage cheese, shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, blue cheese and celery.
- Spoon at least 1/2 cup into center of each avocado. Serve immediately.
- Best if you prepare the buffalo chicken salad ahead of time and when ready to eat slice avocados and enjoy immediately. Great for lunches.