Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps for dinner tonight! A easy and delicious recipe that quickly whips together in under 30 minutes.
This Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps is one of my absolute favorite dinners right now. It’s simple to make and packed full of delicious flavors.
I personally am a HUGE FAN of the lettuce wraps of all kinds. It took me a while to make some at home. I for some reason started with these lettuce wrap buffalo sloppy joes and now we’ve moved onto the asian-style lettuce wraps, these rockin’ cashew chicken wraps.
All you need is a few ingredients for these Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps
(the full recipe is at the bottom of recipe with the quantities)
- Ground Chicken or Turkey – I personally prefer ground chicken but if you can’t easily find it Turkey will work as a good replacement.
- Easy Spices you already have in your spice cabinet.
- Chili Paste
- Coconut Aminos – You may use gluten-free tamari sauce if that is what you have or prefer to use.
The chili paste is the one thing you might not have sitting in the fridge if you don’t make asian cuisine that much. Hopefully this cashew chicken recipe and our recent low carb egg drop soup recipe will be changing that. 😉
HOW MANY NET CARBS FOR OUR Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps
8.5 Net Carbs when splitting the filling into 4 servings. One serving is enough to fill at least 3-4 wraps. For me it is a filling and satisfying dinner.
Getting our vegetables in with the lettuce and protein for the filling = PERFECT DINNER.
So however you divide the servings just keep in mind the info we are providing is for 1/4th of what the recipe makes.
This recipe re-heats wonderfully so if you are looking for a good meal-prep for lunches or dinner this is it.
Feeling a craving for a different chicken finger food? Check out these Baked Honey Garlic Chicken Wings from A Dash of Megnut!
Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 3 cloves garlic ,minced
- 3 Tablespoons chili paste
- 2 Tablespoon rice vinegar (may omit if you don't have it on hand)
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 2 Tablespoon erythritol (or sweetener of your choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional for extra heat)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger (freshly minced gingers work great as well)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt + more to taste
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 head lettuce
- In a large skillet, cook ground chicken and garlic over medium-high heat. Cook until garlic is tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Turn heat down to medium-low. Stir in chili paste, vinegar, coconut aminos, erythritol, red pepper flakes, ground ginger, black pepper, salt and cashews. Cook for another 6-8 minutes, or until sauce is combined and cashews turn color and are slightly tender but still a bit of a crunch in them.
- Spoon filling into lettuce, add additional coconut aminos and red pepper flakes or green onion, if desired. Enjoy!
Please note that the nutrition data below is provided as a courtesy. We try to be accurate with this information but feel free to make your own calculations.