Crockpot Sausage and Peppers simmered together in the slow cooker for a easy low carb dinner.
This is one our favorite low carb dinners when we just can’t think about what to make for dinner. These Keto Taco Stuffed Peppers are right up with the dinners fall back on.
7 ingredients is all you need for this quick crockpot dinner. I’d imagine that it easily can be made in the InstantPot if you have one of those!
So if you end up testing it our with the IP please let us know by commenting below! Lets help others out. 🙂
WHAT TYPE OF CARBS ARE IN BELL PEPPERS used in this Sausage and Pepper Dinner
- Red, Yellow and Orange bell peppers are higher in carbs.
- Green Peppers are the way to go as they are lower in carbs compared to the above.
We actually used just green peppers for the pictures but have used the red and yellow peppers and many of the times we buy a variety pack. Just keep in mind if you use the other peppers that your carb nutrition will change.
HOW MANY NET CARBS IS IN OUR Crockpot Sausage and Peppers?
3 Net Carbs per hefty serving when splitting this recipe into 6 servings. Which gives you 1 sausage with peppers for one serving. This is enough for me but my husband generally eats 2-3 sausages for a meal.
If you’d like to serve this on top of cauliflower rice do so! Just keep in mind the results will vary.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
Crockpot Sausage and Peppers
- 6 bratwurst sausages
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 green peppers chopped
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons hot sauce or to taste
- Add all ingredients into slow cooker.
- Cook on low 3 hours or High 1.5 hours.
- Spoon sausage and peppers over a bed of cauliflower rice and season with your favorite hot sauce.