Keto Cinnamon Rolls quickly coming together using our favorite fathead dough as the base. These are Soft, Chewy and have officially become the holy grail of keto treats with no yeast required!
We’ve been working hard on getting this recipe for you guys! We had zero issues testing over and over again though. Cinnamon rolls are truly the holy grail of the weekends.
Waking up with a fresh batch of these freshly divine treats are the perfect recipe to enjoy after a successful week on keto.
Keto Cinnamon Rolls 101
We personally despise any recipe that calls for yeast. It’s just something we don’t have the patience for and I believe there are others out there like me.
So we made it our goal to make these keto cinnamon rolls using the fathead dough. We had to make a few adjustments on the fathead dough for this recipe but more on that later.
What is fathead dough? This dough has become an absolute favorite of ours and within the keto community for good reason. IT IS AMAZING. We love it for pizzas especially.
How to Make the Perfect Dough for Keto Cinnamon Rolls
What you’ll need: almond flour, shredded mozzarella, cream cheese, egg, salt, vanilla extract, baking powder and baking soda.
We found we had to tweak the fathead dough ratio a bit to get these right.
Rolling out the dough: We found that chilling the dough for 15minutes will help in rolling the dough out on parchment paper. Trim as you roll and patch, then keep rolling to get your desired rectangle.
Once you get it into the desired rolled out rectangle you want to chill the dough for another 15 minutes.
Baking your cinnamon rolls: We also found that these rolls require to be tightly packed together in order to stay in form. If you do not have a small enough round pan use your muffin tin!
Check out this Paleo Coffee Cake Banana Bread from Perchance to Cook, which could be made low carb with a few easy swaps/cutting back on some of the sugar.
HOW MANY NET CARBS IN OUR FATHEAD Cinnamon Rolls?
5 Net Carbs per cinnamon roll WITH icing. Â We sliced our dough into 8 cinnamon rolls. If you would like to make them smaller or larger you may just be aware that it will change your carb count.
If youâ€™d like to use another form ofÂ sugar alcohol be sure to check out ourÂ low carb sweetener conversion chart.
My family does subtract the sugar alcohols and Iâ€™ll continue toÂ provide that sugar alcohol grams in the nutrition cardÂ below and you can decide for yourself if you want to follow that. ?
If you are new to this Low Carb/Keto lifestyle and are unsure what we are talking about please feel free toÂ read up more on Net Carbs and why people do or donâ€™t subtract sugar alcohols.
We also have our new Ultimate Keto Guide along with a 21-Day Meal Plan that can help you get started and help with the terms we discuss here on a regular basis!
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- Low Carb Blueberry Scones
- Keto Almond Flour Crepes
- Low Carb French Toast using our almond flour bread
Keto Cinnamon Rolls
Fathead Cinnamon Roll Dough
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup monkfruit sweetener
- 1/2 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 4 Tablespoons butter , melted
Cinnamon Roll Icing
- 1/4 cup powdered erythritol
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons cream cheese
Making the Dough
- Microwave cheeses and almond flour together for one minute on high. Stir. Microwave again for another 60seconds. Stir. Add the rest of the dough ingredients and stir well.
- Roll out dough in between parchment paper or clear wrap to about 1/4" thick into a rectangle.Tip: trim as you roll and patch, then keep rolling to get your desired rectangle.
- Move to baking sheet and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes
Cinnamon Roll Filing
- Combine filling ingredients into a bowl and brush onto dough leaving a one inch gap along the edge. Roll dough tightly on the long edge and cut off any uneven dough.
- Cut into 8 even sections and set in a tight greased pan or muffin tin. Bake in oven at 400 uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Whisk together ingredients for icing and drizzle over rolls after they come out of the oven and enjoy warm!