Keto Barbecue Chicken Pizza is one of our all-time favorite low carb pizza options perfect for pizza night, any night. Cut the carbs, not the flavor when it comes to your pizza.
Keto Barbecue Chicken Pizza is a classic blend of flavors. The zesty barbecue and the slightly salty flavor of the chicken compliment our Fathead Dough so completely!
I love a traditional Keto Pepperoni Pizza anytime but lately we are ADDICTED to this BBQ Chicken Pizza. See for yourself why because it is DIVINE.
Keto Barbecue Chicken Pizza 101
Oh, do we love pizza, let us count the ways! The best part about this recipe is that you can STILL enjoy all the flavors you love without all the carbs … and you won’t notice a different in taste. Now that is winning at the low carb life.
How to store keto barbecue chicken pizza: As with many foods, the best way to store your pizza is in an airtight container or tightly wrapped in the refrigerator. Your pizza will be good for 3-4 days if properly stored.
How to reheat pizza to keep it from getting soggy: Our favorite way to reheat low carb pizza is in the oven, hands down. Preheat your over to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Place your baking sheet in the oven so it preheats for a few minutes before having the pizza slices introduced. Carefully remove your baking sheet and place the pizza on the foil, put back in the oven and heat for 10 minutes. Be sure to keep an eye on it and check to make sure it doesn’t overheat/burn.
Microwaving leftovers: If you are microwaving to reheat I do find that it’s best to microwave for a minute and then let it sit for another minute and it’ll be generally enough time for the crust to harden to not have to eat with a fork.
Now in general I’ll admit I just eat this pizza cold. It’s so divine cold but I know not everyone is a cold pizza person.
About reheating chicken: Something important to keep in mind about the chicken on your pizza. Chicken can only be safely reheated one time. So only reheat what you plan to eat.
Check out these Roasted Chicken Thighs from A Dash of Megnut.
About Fathead Pizza
What is so special about Fathead Pizza? Simply put, it’s an easy recipe that will quickly bring down the carb count without sacrificing flavor. This classic Fathead Dough base is one of those breads that is super versatile and can be used in so many different variations. We’ve gone into full details about fathead dough in our post here.
No need to consider a future without bread. It’s all about the dough, baby. The cheesy, perfectly crisp and chewy crust that we know and love will continue to reign supreme with the low carb lovers and carbaholics alike in our family.
What you’ll need: Sugar free barbecue sauce (have you ever read the label on a non-sugar free sauce? Wowsa!), a small onion, bacon (yummmm bacon), chicken and shredded white cheddar cheese.
Really love chicken? You can also try our keto chicken crust pizza with the barbecue chicken twist!
HOW MANY NET CARBS IN OUR KETO BARBECUE CHICKEN PIZZA?
5 Net Carb per slice! This recipe makes a pizza crust with 8 portions, perfect for any of your low-carb needs. For reference, the average slice of pizza has 30 carbs.
We provide the sugar alcohols information IN the nutrition card now. The sugar-free barbecue sauce is what has sugar alcohols in it. We do subtract sugar alcohols to get our net carbs so you have all the information provided below in case you need to do it differently. Remember we are a judgement free zone here and please be kind to others if they follow things a bit differently.
Other recipes you might like:
- Low Carb Chicken Fajitas
- Barbecue Ranch Chicken Casserole
- Low Carb Pizza with Pears Prosciutto and Red Onion
Keto Barbecue Chicken Pizza
- 1.5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 whole egg
- 1/4 tablespoon salt
Barbecue Chicken Pizza Ingredients
- 1 cup low carb barbecue sauce
- 1 small onion
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup cooked shredded chicken
- 1.5 cups white shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- In a microwavable friendly bowl add cheese, almond flour and cream cheese. Microwave on high for 60 seconds.
- Stir until slightly combined and place back into the microwave for another 60 seconds, or until cheese is warm and melted.
- Add egg and large pinch of salt. Stir dough together until it forms a ball and egg is mixed in. Allow dough to sit for 15 minutes. Use for whatever you have in mind! Pizza, Bagels, Cinnamon Rolls etc.
For Barbecue Chicken Pizza
- Prepare your counter top by placing plastic wrap onto counter to roll dough out onto. Dump dough onto prepared counter. Place a sheet of plastic wrap over top of dough and roll out into a circle.
- Remove top plastic wrap and replace with paper/baking parchment. Place onto your pizza pan baking parchment piece being on the bottom and then remove the remaining plastic wrap.
- Poke holes with a knife into the crust and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Flip pizza crust face down onto pizza pan and gently removing the parchment paper. (This is the best system we've created to avoid the dough sticking) Bake for additional 2-3 minutes.
- Top with barbecue sauce, onion, bacon, chicken and white cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes until cheese is melted and onions are tender.