Keto Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse is the easy dessert that will keep you feeling happy and satisfied through all your cravings without all the carbs. So good, your family won’t believe it’s sugar-free and keto friendly!
Keto Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse 101
Keto Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse is just 4 ingredients to happiness and can be enjoyed by the spoonful! But there are other ways to enjoy this keto dessert.
- Try it as a fruit dip. NO regrets, this makes a light, whipped and flavorful dip. We’re partial to strawberries. Blueberries are also remarkably good! Be sure to check out our Low Carb Fruit List to see what fruits work with their carb counts and work within the low carb diet.
- Dollop on to a cake or brownie … or try with a cookie such as our low carb keto peanut butter cookies. The flavor works with so many other desserts without too much added guilt, sugar or carbs. 😉
What makes a mousse a mousse?
The difference between traditional pudding or whip are the air bubbles that give mousse it’s light and fluffy texture. We enjoy this because it seems easier to savor the flavor.
Mousse is part of French cuisine, but this particular recipe is more American in nature and flavor. We of course still appreciate the French inspiration! The exact beginnings of mousse as a dessert isn’t known. Some evidence points to the 18th century, but it also appears that what we consider to be mousse today did not appear until later in the 19th century.
No matter where or when it started, we’re keeping our love alive and well today with this Keto Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse.
Check out how to make Jello Pudding Dairy Free from Allergy Awesomeness.Â
What you’ll need for this low carb mousse
Bonus with this recipe – we almost always have all the ingredients on hand. So when you are laying around and want something sweet with minimal work, this is the PERFECT recipe.Heavy
- Heavy Whipping Cream:Â If you’re looking for a dairy free alternative, you can use a coconut fat. Take 30 oz of coconut fat with the liquid removed. Place two 15 oz cans in the refrigerator for about 2 hours, then remove the solidified fat and discard the liquid.
- Cream Cheese: Classic cream cheese lends to the cheesecake flavor.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder: The chocolate powder makes this rich and decadent.
- Sweetener of choice: Our personal preference is powdered swerve OR to take a monk fruit erythritol, blending on pulse in a blender until it is a fine powder. If youâ€™d like to use another form of sugar alcohol be sure to check out our low carb sweetener conversion chart as this recipe you truly can use whatever sweetener you prefer.
Fluffy Chocolate cheesecake mousse perfection
This can be as simple as pouring your ingredient into a stand mixer and beating the cream!Â However, we tend to lean toward hand mixing. It takes longer and is a heck of a work out, but it’s satisfying.
Here are a few other tips:
- Use a chilled metal bowl: This will help expedite the process and make sure it’s fluffy.
- Heavy Whipping Cream: The fat in this cream is key, so opt for the highest percentage you can find. Don’t go cheaper, you’ll be disappointed.Â If youâ€™ve beaten for 5-7 minutes but haven’t achieved stiff peaks, add a tablespoon of swerve.
HOW MANY NET CARBS IN OUR KETO CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE MOUSSE?
5 Net Carbs per serving! We love how light, fluffy and guilt free this mousse is. It is sure to become your go-to for a quick, easy low-carb dessert.
We provide the sugar alcohols information IN the nutrition card now. We do subtract sugar alcohols to get our net carbs so you have all the information provided below in case you need to do it differently.Â Remember we are a judgement free zone here and please be kind to others if they follow things a bit differently.Â
If youâ€™d like to use another form of sugar alcohol be sure to check out ourÂ low carb sweetener conversion chart. This recipe can easily be made sweeter by using more of whatever sweetener you decide to use. We tend to go on the mild sweetener side of things so do what works for you in that regard as well.
We split this recipe into 5 servings, which is about the portion of chocolate cheesecake mousse you see above. It may not look like much, but it’s oh-so-satisfying.
Other Keto desserts you might enjoy:
Keto Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse
- 1 Cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Cup cream cheese
- 1/4 Cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 Cup powdered erythiritol
- In a large bowl, add all your ingredients and used a hand mixer to beat the ingredients together for 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Mix for another 3 minutes or until stiff peaks are formed and the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Add additional sweetener to taste. Store your chocolate whipped cream in an airtight contained in the fridge, it will be good for 3 days.