Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies is a huge favorite and made in one bowl. At just 3 Net Carbs per chocolate chip cookie you can’t say no to these perfect low carb cookies.
We have a divided opinion of cookie importance in our family. R loves a low carb peanut butter cookie. I am a avid chocolate chip cookie fan ALL OF THE WAY. Give me a batch of Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies and my week is complete.
I’ve made a variety of low carb chocolate chip cookies along the way (for me lol) and a ton of low carb cookies in general. This one keto cookie recipe is by far my favorite. It is slightly different then what I was use to back in the sugar days but it is still excellentttt.
Low Carb Chocolate Chips to Use in our Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
I’ve used quite a few different chocolate chips in our days. Our favorite store bought brand is Lily’s Chocolate Chips hands down. Well, we purchase them on Amazon but we have found them in Whole Foods but they are more expensive there.
My favorite and most economical way has been making our own Low Carb Chocolate Chips or Chocolate Squares and crush it up into the cookie. There are so many different chocolate molds (affiliate link) you can find online and in the long run it definitely saves you money.
HOW MANY NET CARB PER KETO Chocolate Chip Cookie
3 Net CarbsÂ per chocolate chip cookie when you end up baking 12 cookies from the dough.
The 3 Net Carbs is by subtracting the sugar alcohol erythritol to calculate the net carbs.
Last week though we found out that only about 50 percent of our readers do this though! My family does subtract the sugar alcohols and Iâ€™ll continue to provide that sugar alcohol grams above the nutrition card below and you can decide for yourself if you want to follow that.
PLEASE do not shame or be mean to others who might do things a little differently. That is not what we are about here.
If you are new to this Low Carb/Keto lifestyle and are unsure what we are talking about please feel free toÂ read up more on Net Carbs and why people do or donâ€™t subtract sugar alcohols.
Coconut Flour vs. Almond Flour in these chocolate chip cookies
We’ve listed the coconut flour for this recipe but did want to mention that it has also been tested with fine almond flour. It is not an exact ratio of 1-1 though. This recipe calls for 1/3 cup of coconut flour since coconut flour is super absorbent.
You will want to use about 1 1/2 cup of fine almond flour in replacement of the coconut flour if that is what you have on hand. I personally preferred the coconut flour version as it reminded me more of a traditional cookie but use what works best for you and your diet.
Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat softened butter with erythritol for 1 minute. Add vanilla extract and egg. Beat together for another 30 seconds until combined.
- Add the baking powder, sea salt, and coconut flour. Mix until it is well combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Allow the dough to set 5 minutes.
- With your hands press the dough together until it forms a ball. You want it to hold together. If it doesn't add 1 Tablespoon of light oil or melted butter and that should solve it.
- Roll the dough into 12 balls and place onto prepared baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Let them fully cool before removing from the baking sheet. Store in an airtight container up to 5 days.