Keto Fat Bomb Chicken Recipe is full of flavor to help you even out your macros and cut your cravings. This fat bomb recipe is the bomb diggity and our go-to for protein infused happiness for the perfect chicken keto dinner.
Keto Fat Bomb Chicken is near and dear to our culinary hearts for so many reasons. But the main reason is right in the title. Fat. Delicious, flavorful fat.
It’s a love hate relationship when it comes to fat. We struggle often to make sure we are getting enough fat in our diets. If you’ve been doing Keto for a while, you get it. Fat bombs teach us that fat is good AND necessary. They help us to feel full and is the primary macro nutrient to keep us going.
How can fat make you thin? It’s sorely tempting to say it’s magical. Keto magic. But proof is in the pudding.. or fat bomb. 😉
Keto Fat Bomb Chicken 101
Our Keto Fat Bomb Pork Chops has been a reader favorite for years now. It’s truly delicious and has been known to kick readers into ketosis. We’ve been making it with chicken breasts though for a while and figured we’ve got to share this just in case no one else has tried it!
The keto fat bomb chicken is one of our favorite fat bombs. Potentiallyyyyy these Cheesecake Fat Bombs win for favorite fat bombs and this Chicken Fat Bomb takes on great flavors easily and is a crowd pleaser and is our favorite fat bomb in dinner form!
This is perhaps the best fat bomb recipe to start with because it has a broad appeal in terms of flavor and can be enjoyed even by those who aren’t sticking to a Keto diet.
About that mayo and sauce
We’ve heard our readers mention that sauce is tricky, so we’d like to share some of the best practices to make your fat bombs to perfection.
- Add mayo a little bit at a time while continually whisking. Allow everything to cool a little so the mayo doesn’t clump up. The oil in your pan should be warm to touch, not to burn.
- Don’t allow this to heat for an extended period of time. The heat will break apart the sauce.
- Make sure your mayo is an room temp before adding. It makes a huge difference in consistency.
HOW MANY CARBS PER SERVING FOR OUR CHICKEN KETO DINNER
3 Net Carbs per serving (about 1 breast worth of chicken and 1/4th of sauce). The calorie count is definitely on the higher side so be sure to check out your Macros needed with our Keto Macro Calculator where it can give you a personalized idea what your calories and macros should be.
Remember we are a judgement free zone here and please be kind to others if they follow things a bit differently.
This Low Carb Chicken Fat Bomb Recipe might not be for everyone.
Before anyone takes a peek at the nutrition data we’d like to acknowledge this fat bomb chicken is not a right fit for all.
If this recipe does not fit well with your eating plan, we understand and accept that. You CAN reduce the carbs a little by using fewer mushrooms (or eliminating mushrooms).
For us, the carb count is worth it. These chicken fat bombs are still low-carb and very tasty – perfect for Keto.
If you’re looking for another super tasty chicken based dish, check out this gluten free chicken dinner with roasted tomatoes.
While we’re at it, here are a few protein packed low-carb options that are the bomb. 😉
Keto Fat Bomb Chicken Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 F. (Optional if you have other things to prepare for dinner).
- In a large skillet, saute the onion and mushrooms in the oil until they are tender.
- Push them to the side to make room for the chicken.
- Add the chicken to the pan, seasoning each chop with garlic powder and nutmeg as you brown each side.
- If you wish to continue cooking on the stove top, simply continue to cook until the chicken is cooked through (at least 165 F. on a meat thermometer)
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove the chicken from the pan and allow the onions and oil to cool a bit.
- Stir in the mayo and vinegar and whisk until it is well combined with the oil left in the pan. You should have a thick, rich sauce when you are done. If it is too thick for your liking, you can thin it out with a bit of chicken broth. Simply whisk in about 2 tbsp. at a time until you reach your desired consistency. (Please see notes in post above)
- Ladle the sauce over the chicken and serve.