Keto and Low Carb egg drop soup recipe is so easy to make at home. You are going to be amazed in how easy this is to make with just 8 ingredients. Such a filling and satisfying soup.
This is one of those recipes that once I made it and realized how easy it was to make it quickly gained a spot in the weekly meal rotation.
Egg drop soup actually has always freaked me out to order. This way I can guarantee the egg is fully cooked in perfect little ribbons. I can now truly enjoy egg drop soup from here on out.
All you need for this Low Carb Egg Drop Soup
(the full recipe is at the bottom of recipe with the quantities)
- Chicken Broth – if you are vegetarian you can easily swap this with vegetable broth.
- Green Onion
- Coconut Aminos
- Salt & Pepper
- Coconut Flour – You can use any thickener you wish. The coconut flour does add a little bit of flavor to the soup but not noticeable enough I don’t use it. For a more mild thickener flavor arrowroot or xanthan gum are good options.
After you make this you’ll have to check out our other super easy and comforting Keto Biscuits and Gravy. Actually if you want to pair a salad or even a low carb drop biscuit with these that would be a lovely lunch.
Check out Peruvian Turkey and Rice Soup from Eat at our Table.
HOW MANY NET CARBS FOR OUR EGG DROP SOUP
3 Net Carbs when splitting this soup into 5 servings. One serving is enough for a lunch and side salad but I would say I normally want about 2 servings if I was eating it just for dinner.
So however you divide the servings just keep in mind the info we are providing is for 1/5th of what the recipe makes.
You are also more than welcome to use arrowroot powder or xantham gum for your thickener in replacement of the coconut flour. I know that the arrowroot powder would increase make the soup 5 Net Carbs per serving. For us following a 50 daily carbs this is fine for us but might not be for others so just something worth mentioning.
Check out this Simple Tomato Soup from Food Doodles.
Keto Low Carb Egg Drop Soup
- In a large stock pan heat 4 cups of broth, green onion, coconut aminos, salt, pepper and ginger to a rolling boil.
- In a small bowl whisk together eggs, egg yolk together. Slowly pour egg into boiling broth and continually whisk to create the egg strands.
- In a small bowl whisk together 1/4 cup remaining stock and 2 Tablespoons arrowroot powder. Slowly whisk in slurry mix into soup. Cooking for another 2-3 minutes until soup thickens. Serve immediately.