Low Carb Salsa is possible when you make it at home with just 5 simple and healthy ingredients! Carbs in homemade salsa is much lower than when you purchase it in store – so make it at home!
I need salsa in my life. Delicious, fresh, spicy low carb salsa.
The Mexican flavors are lacking where we are living right now and it’s either purchase it with a ton of added sugar and carbs (it doesn’t taste that great either) or make it at home!
Make it at home it is! In the past I’ve simply pulsed these ingredients together in a blender and called it simple salsa. It was good. That was until I tasted ROASTED tomatoes, peppers and garlic turned it into a salsa. You will never go back. Trust me.
How to Roast for our Low Carb Salsa
- Grilling – I personally find this the easiest as it makes less mess and it’s outside so if it gets a little smoky it just drifts away. If you’ve got the option to grill the ingredients. DO IT.
- Broiler – For others like me who don’t have the option to grill anymore the top broiler in your oven will do the trick! Be prepared though as the tomatoes release quite a bit of moisture and therefore a ton of steam when opening the oven door will happen.
It may be an extra step but trust me it is SO WORTH IT.
How Many Carbs in Salsa?
6 Net Carbs for 1 CUP of our low carb salsa. We can do some real ‘damage’ with 1 cup of salsa and a bowl of our low carb cheese chips.
Add another bowl of low carb guacamole and I think we got ourselves a pretty epic dinner.
Am I the only one that eats salsa and guacamole for dinner? *cough* #SorrynotSorry
Make as mild or as spicy as you’d like
- Mild – Add 1 chili pepper
- Medium – Add 2 chili peppers
- Medium-Hot – 2-3 chili peppers
- HOT – 3-4 peppers
We made it with 3 peppers last time and it definitely had a kick in it. R thought it was delicious though so it just depends on what you and your family can handle for spice.
Actually our Low Carb Keto Stuffed Taco Peppers also calls for salsa and that would be a perfect easy dinner as well.
Pair it with a legendary low carb margarita and we would of been happy as clams. Enjoy!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE LOW CARB RECIPES:
Low Carb Salsa is possible when you make it at home with just 5 simple and healthy ingredients! Carbs in homemade salsa is much lower than when you purchase it in store - so make it at home!
- 8 medium tomatoes
- 2-3 chili peppers (see in post for adjusting heat)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 2 whole limes juiced
Roast tomatoes, chili pepper and garlic by grilling on high 5-8 minutes on each side until skin on vegetables begin to burn and peel away. Or broil on high for 8-10 minutes. I find it takes longer when broiling.
Allow vegetables to cool and rest 5 minutes.
Add roasted vegetables to a blender. Add salt and lime juice. Pulse 4-6 times until salsa reaches desired consistency
Store in an airtight container up to 7 days in the refrigerator.