Keto Pound Cake is quick, simple and low-carb amazingness. The classic cake is so easy to make and versatile, you can make this a happy treat for everyone in your family – even those who aren’t on a low-carb diet.
Keto Pound Cake brings its “A” game in flavor and simplicity.
Ever since I was a kid, I’ve LOOOOOOVED pound cake. It truly is a classic cake with flavor that is great all on its own, no toppings needed.
I could devour a plain slice of pound cake happily.
But you can also dress it up and enjoy just as much (if not more.) We picture our Keto Pound Cake here with whipped cream and strawberries. So. Good.
Keto Pound Cake: All you’ll need
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Baking powder
- Cream cheese
- Monkfruit sweetener (you can use another sweetener of your choice, if desired)
- Vanilla extract
- Sour cream
(FULL RECIPE IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST SO BE SURE TO SCROLL DOWN FOR INGREDIENT AMOUNTS)
PRO TIP: Allow the cake to cool completely in the tube pan. It takes a few hours to reach room temp, but totally worth it! The cake is an EXTREMELY tender cake so allowing it to fully cool in the pan will help wonders in getting it out of the tube pan.
PRO TIP #2: Since this cake is a tender cake you really need to utilize the wonders of parchment paper and line the pan with it. If you’ve got a bundt pan with grooves we do not recommend that type of pan unless you can get the parchment paper to adhere to those grooves. You can save all that hassle and just line a bread pan with parchment paper but if you’d like the traditional pound cake look that is how you want to proceed.
Check out this homemade paleo baking powder from Wicked Spatula. It’s keto friendly. 😉
HOW MANY NET CARBS IN A KETO POUND CAKE SLICE?
3 Net Carbs per slice. This is if you are slicing the cake into 10 slices. Which are pretty decent slices as you can see above.
Dollop some fresh Keto Whipped Cream which if you put 1/4 cup of whipped cream on it would be just an additional .5g net carbs. Come to mommaaaaaa. Same goes with our strawberries! If you’d like some other delicious fruit topping options check out our Low Carb Fruit List to help for other ideas.
There is 19.2 grams of sugar alcohol in each slice. If youâ€™d like to use another form of sugar alcohol be sure to check out ourÂ low carb sweetener conversion chart. Our family does subtract the sugar alcohols and weâ€™ll continue toÂ provide that sugar alcohol grams above the nutrition cardÂ below and you can decide for yourself if you want to follow that. ?
If you are new to this Low Carb/Keto lifestyle and are unsure what we are talking about please feel free toÂ read up more on Net Carbs.
Remember what we said about being able to make this Keto Pound Cake a favorite treat for those who aren’t bound to the low-carb diet?
Three words: Pound Cake Bar.
We appreciate recipes that provide options to entertain for those who are Keto (and those who aren’t.) This is no exception!
Pound cake is perfect for entertaining and offering a plethora of toppings to choose from.
You can enjoy your classic version plain or with strawberries and whip. Others can partake in other fruits, drizzles and such that wouldn’t traditionally be on a Keto diet. An easy win-win.
As always, don’t forget to save us a slice!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE LOW CARB RECIPES:
Keto Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Prepare 9 inch flat bottom tube pan by greasing with butter AND lining with parchment paper. (You can use a loaf pan if a tube pan isn't on hand)
- In a large bowl whisk together almond flour, coconut flour and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, add butter and cream cheese. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, stir and microwave for another additional 30 seconds if needed until butter and cream cheese melted together. Stir in sweetener, vanilla extract and sour cream. Mix until well combined.
- Pour butter cream cheese mixture into dry mixture. Stir until well combined. Add eggs to batter one at a time until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 55 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cake to fully cool in bundt pan, we've found it's better to let it fully cool for hours until it reaches room temperature (like a cheesecake)
- Serve with fresh whipped cream and strawberries
Please note that the nutrition data below is provided as a courtesy. We try to be accurate with this information but feel free to make your own calculations.Â