Keto Salmon Recipe that has smoked salmon swimming in a sun-dried tomato cream sauce with tender broccoli. This weeknight dinner is our absolutely favorite in a pinch.
Not sure what began this keto cheese sauce obsession.. all I know, is I cannot get enough of these types of dinner. I make so many different versions with this cheese sauce and play around with it when I might be missing an ingredient or two. Well this Keto Salmon Dinner recipe is the result.
I had smoked salmon in the fridge, broccoli and tomatoes… why don’t we put it all together in a cream cheese sauce?! Exactly WHY NOT!
The smoked salmon gives an added smoky flavor to the sauce and paired with the sundried tomatoes it is just perfection paired with satisfying.
Spoon over some cauliflower rice or low carb pasta if you wish. For me a serving of this is extremely satisfying and filling.
How many net carbs for our Keto Salmon Dinner per serving
9 Net Carbs for 1/4 of this dish.Â For how filling this recipe is since it is fiber, fat and protein packed I was actually super happy with this result! It is SO satisfying with the sun-dried tomatoes cheese sauce.
This calculation does not include if you spoon it over any cauliflower rice or low carb pasta so do take that into account if you are.
If you are new to this Low Carb/Keto lifestyle and are unsure what we are talking about please feel free toÂ read up more on Net Carbs and why people do or donâ€™t subtract sugar alcohols.
How to Make sure your Cheese Sauce turns out right and doesn’t separate.
Sometimes depending on the ingredients or process your sauce will end up separating. Below are some ways to help avoid that from happening.
- QualityÂ â€“ using high quality ingredients is actually really important for this recipe. Higher quality ingredients tend to have more fat and are not processed as much in terms of added ingredients. Quality ingredients are more predictable.
- Beware of waterÂ â€“Â Depending on the quality of ingredients just even a tiny bit of water will have the sauce separate on you. Which goes back to quality ingredients. If you are using lower quality cheese especially I would not pour your steamed veggies into the sauce as this is almost a guarantee it will separate on you.
- HeatÂ â€“ You want the heat to be low enough to thicken our cream BUT not hot enough that it is rolling bubbling. Having it too hot will cause your sauce to burn and/or separate.
- When it is doneÂ â€“ When begins to thickenÂ and you stir the sauce should stay apart for a couple seconds before folding back into itself. If it doesnâ€™t do this, continue to cook on a low simmer until more water is evaporated from the sauce.
From our experience much of the fails for this cheese sauce can be attributing to cheap ingredients.
NOTE: This sauce will separate when reheating it back up for leftovers. This personally doesn’t bother me but it is worth mentioning that if it is something that does bother you then don’t make this for meal-preps.
Fortunately, this Keto Salmon Dinner recipe is made in under 30 minutes that you really don’t have to do too much planning ahead when you need something quick to eat on a weeknight.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE LOW CARB RECIPES:
Keto Salmon Roasted Tomatoes and Broccoli Recipe
- 3 Tablespoons butter (or dairy-free alternative)
- 2 Tablespoon sundried tomatoes oil
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup heavy cream ( or dairy-free alternative like coconut milk)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 10-12 churns freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese ,shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan ,shredded
- 200 grams smoked salmon
- 4 cups steamed broccoli roughly chopped
- 3 small tomatoes chopped
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melted butter. Add garlic and sun dried tomatoes, cook for 2 minutes or until garlic becomes fragrant and toasted.
- Turn heat down to a medium low. Stir in tomato paste and heavy cream. Keep whisking together until cream begins to thicken. Stir in cream cheese. Turn heat down to low heat.
- Add black pepper, salt, red pepper flakes, cheddar and parmesan. Cook for another 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted and sauce is creamy.
- Stir in smoked salmon, broccoli and tomatoes. Cook for another 5 minutes or until sauce is and salmon/broccoli is hot.
- Eat by itself, spoon over riced cauliflower or low carb noodles.
Please note that the nutrition data below is provided as a courtesy. We try to be accurate with this information but feel free to make your own calculations.