KETO SAUSAGE CHEESE BISCUITS TURN COMFORT FOOD INTO A DELICIOUS GRAB-AND-GO BREAKFAST! FLUFFY LOW CARB BISCUITS TOPPED WITH SAVORY SAUSAGE AND PLENTY OF SHREDDED CHEESE WILL TURN ANYONE INTO A MORNING PERSON.
Could your mornings use a boost? Let’s face it, we don’t always have the time or the energy to make a big, nutritious meal first thing in the day. That’s why you need to whip up a batch of sausage cheese biscuits!
Prep these delicious breakfast bites ahead of time so you have a ready-to-go perfect start to your morning. Who can resist fluffy biscuits topped with savory sausage and sharp cheddar cheese? Oh, and if you decide to enjoy them for an afternoon snack as well, we totally approve.
SO WHAT GOES INTO THESE DREAMY KETO BISCUITS?
When it comes to breakfast foods, we think you deserve the very best. After all, this is the meal that sets the tone for your entire day! We wanted a recipe that would keep you feeling full, energized, and ready to tackle anything… oh, and of course it had to be DELICIOUS!
But biscuits are complicated to make, right? NOT THESE BAD BOYS! In fact, you only need SEVEN main ingredients:
- Almond flour – make sure you are using finely ground almond flour.
- Butter – you can swap for coconut oil if you would like.
- Coconut Milk or any other dairy free alternative.. heavy cream works as well but just be aware it will alter your carbs a little.
- Baking Soda & Baking Powder
- Ground sausage – you can use any variety of ground sausage, we personally like plain or breakfast style.
- Shredded cheese
Simple, real ingredients that turn into hot, fluffy biscuits packed with ground sausage and cheddar cheese. We’re not drooling, you’re drooling. ?
BISCUITS, MEET SAUSAGE AND CHEESE
We’ll kick off this recipe by adding the ground sausage to a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the meat is browned and no pink remains, drain the grease and set the sausage aside to cool. Don’t worry, we’ll come back for it later. Now, onto the biscuits!
Do you want to know the secret behind that wonderful, fluffy texture? It’s simple: you just have to cut the butter into the flour mixture! While baking, the little lumps of butter create pockets in the dough, which is what gives us that flaky consistency we all love. Leave it to butter to bring amazing taste AND texture to a recipe.
To make the dough, start by adding all the dry ingredients to a bowl and mixing until they’re nice and combined. Then, use a pastry dough cutter or a fork to cut the butter into the almond flour mixture.
You want all of the butter to be fully cut so it looks like little pebbles in your dough. That’s what will create the pockets of our flaky biscuits! Finish the dough by adding in the milk and eggs, then grease a 12-cup muffin tin and divide the dough evenly between each cup.
So when do the ground sausage and shredded cheese make their tasty debut? We’re almost there! But first, we want to make sure the biscuits are cooked through, so you’ll throw them in the oven at 350Â°F for about 5 minutes to get them started.
Then, take the pan out, spread the cooked ground sausage evenly over the biscuits, and put them back in the oven for about 7 minutes. When they’re close to done, take them out one more time, add cheese to each biscuit, and put them back in the oven. Once the cheese is nice and melty, your biscuits are done!
Now if you are carb cycling and would like a carb version of Sausage Cheese Biscuits these are where we took our inspiration from!
LOW CARB BREAKFAST IS SERVED
Okay, now you’ve made your delicious and savory biscuits. The next step (besides sampling one, of course) is to let them cool to for at least 5minutes before eating. This is very important, so don’t skip this step!
If you try to store them before they’ve cooled, the heat will create condensation, which will make your biscuits soggy. And nobody wants soggy biscuits. So let your biscuits cool FULLY before placing them in an airtight container and storing them in the refrigerator.
If you’ve ever meal-prepped your breakfast before, you know how amazing it is to have one less thing to think about in the morning. And when you know you have this tasty breakfast waiting for you, you’ll be that much more excited to jump out of bed!
Pro-tip: if you grab one out of the fridge and get back under the covers, it’s basically like you made yourself breakfast in bed. Which, c’mon, you totally deserve.
HOW MANY NET CARBS IN OUR SAUSAGE CHEESE BISCUITS?
4 Net Carbs per biscuit. We calculated this based on using the ingredients listed in this recipe to make 12 total muffins. If you substitute any of the ingredients, be sure to factor that into your nutrition.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
- Keto Cinnamon Rolls
- Low Carb Waffles Recipe
- Keto Pancake Almond Flour Casserole
- Low Carb Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Keto Sausage and Cheese Biscuits
- muffin tin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare muffin tin by placing a paper liner into the bottom of each well, or lightly spray wells with non-stick cooking spray
- In a bowl whisk together almond flour, baking powder, baking soda.
- With a pastry cutter or fork cut butter into almond flour mixture until butter is fully cut into the flour and it resembles small pebbles. Stir in eggs and milk.
- Mixture should like something like what you see here.
- Evenly divide the dough into 6 sections and push into the muffin tin well creating a 'scoop' type shape. (see picture)
- Bake for 5minutes. Remove pan from oven and press the partially baked dough down again. Sprinkle cooked sausage evenly over the top of each biscuit. Bake for 7minutes.
- Pull the back out and add the cheese. Bake for another 2-3minutes or until the tops begin to brown and cheese is melted.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow the biscuits to cool in the pan for at least 5minutes before carefully removing them. Serve while they are still warm.