Keto Swedish Meatballs are the low-carb dinner your whole family has been waiting for. Flavorful, savory and bite size, not to mention easy to make, this is the ultimate winner winner meatball dinner!
Keto Swedish Meatballs are the best kind of dinner. Juicy deliciousness in tiny portions, literally begging you to take a big bite and hum your way to contentment.
I can’t remember a time when someone would ask, “Do you want meatballs?” and my answer wouldn’t be yes. They ALWAYS sound good.
Your family will agree. There’s something about the Swedish Meatball sauce that is just a little bit magical.
What you need for this perfect low carb dinner?
These magical Keto Swedish Meatballs are pretty easy. Have we mentioned we love EASY!?
- For the meatballs: Ground beef or turkey, an egg, almond flour, onion powder, garlic powder, and shredded Parmesan.
- For the sauce: Olive oil, butter, beef broth, , heavy cream, Dijon mustard, cheddar cheese, xanthan gum, salt and pepper.
(Be sure to scroll down for the entire recipe for exact measurements and cooking instructions.)
Some savory sides to compliment these meatballs include:
HOW MANY NET CARBS IN THESE KETO SWEDISH MEATBALLS?
5 Net Carbs per 3 meatballs and 1/4th of the sauce.
If you are new to this Low Carb/Keto lifestyle and are unsure what we are talking about please feel free to read up more on Net Carbs.
Just a warning about these Keto Swedish Meatballs. They are so good, you may find yourself making them over and over again. But that’s OK.
You can even meal prep and freeze these in the sauce to do single portions for an amazing work lunch that will have your coworkers stopping by. “Something sure smells good!”
But you can happily respond: “I know, right?” Because you’re going to nom, nom, nom these meatballs so much.
Keto Swedish Meatballs
- 1 pound ground beef (or ground turkey works as well)
- 1 egg
- 3 Tablespoons almond flour
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese ,shredded
- In a large bowl mix together ground beef, egg, almond flour, onion powder, garlic powder and parmesan cheese.
- Mix together until well combined. Roll into 12 large meatballs. In a large skillet over medium heat add olive oil. Add the meatballs and continue cooking until brown and cooked trough. Remove meatballs from skillet and set aside.
- Add butter and beef broth to skillet. Stir together, add heavy cream and dijon mustard. Bring to a simmer until sauce begins to thicken. (If you'd like it to be super thick then here is where you can add the xanthan gum)
- Stir in cheddar cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.