Taco Stuffed Peppers Recipe that perfectly fits into a low carb and keto diet. This easy 6-ingredient dinner is nutritious dinner in on the table in under 45 minutes.
These Taco Stuffed Peppers is one of those simple recipes that I absolutely love to make for the family on a weeknight. I’ve also been known to make them on Sunday and re-heated for leftovers throughout the week as they actually re-heat REALLY well.
All we need is 6-ingredients that I pretty much always have on hand and those taco cravings will 100% be satisfied.
I love Mexican cuisine with a passion and I hope these stuffed peppers will also have you loving it as well.
What type of peppers to use for our Taco Stuffed Peppers?
- I absolutely love using the larger bell peppers when it is for just my family. Less time consuming to stuff the peppers. 😉
- But if you were entertaining and for the sake of portions could use small mini bell peppers (like pictured).
Recipe Note: This recipe and portions are designed for the mini bell peppers.
How many net carbs per serving?
There are 4 net carbs per serving in one serving which is about 3-4 stuffed peppers. Personally this is more than enough to satisfy me. Now if you are new to this net carbs can be a little confusing so check out our recently updated, ‘What are Net Carbs?‘ post.
Now I absolutely love making things simple and for this recipe just use a little bit of chili powder and salt for our seasoning before stuffing into our peppers. If you’ve got our low carb taco seasoning already pre-made feel free to use that but just for the sake of simplicity we went with the more basic version for one less step in case you don’t have it around.
WHAT TYPE OF CARBS ARE IN BELL PEPPERS?
- Red, Yellow and Orange bell peppers are higher in carbs.
- Green Peppers are the way to go as they are lower in carbs compared to the above.
I wanted to make a mention regarding it as it’s just what I had on hand from a variety pepper pack.
In our family we are a little lose on this rule. Our thinking is they are vegetables and they are good for us regardless. We will use the higher in carb peppers if they are on sale or around. If you are trying to stay strict though feel free to swap the red and yellow peppers with green peppers in the recipe.
What type of meat can you use in our Taco Stuffed Peppers?
- Ground Beef – That is what we use as it’s the cheapest and I love the flavor.
- Ground Turkey – Great alternative if you are looking for a beef alternative and turns out divine.
- Ground Chicken – This is by far the most expensive alternative where are living but have tried it as I had a frozen pound of it in the freezer and it also works great.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE LOW CARB RECIPES:
Keto Taco Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup salsa
- 10 mini bell peppers sliced in half and seeded
- 1 cup full fat cheese
- sour cream optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (Or 160 degrees C)
- In a large skillet over medium heat add oil. Add garlic and stir for 2 minutes before adding ground beef. Brown the ground beef completely. Remove from heat.
- Stir in chili powder, sea salt and salsa.
- Begin with a well greased baking sheet. Stuff each mini bell peppers with taco meat (apprx 1-2 tablespoons each). Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until peppers are tender and cheese is melted.
- Top with a little full fat sour cream if desired and enjoy!