Keto Mug Cake is the hunk of vanilla happiness in a perfect bake-and-go single serving. Seriously. Does life get any better than cake in a mug? We’re not sure it does.
Vanilla Keto Mug Cake is a fabulous was to treat yourself. Perfect for portion control and almost a hug in a mug for those long all-too-adulty type of days.
The best kind of treat is quick and easy, this certainly lives up to that expectation. Just 7 minutes to happiness.
That’s right, 7 minutes. A few ingredients to make the magic happen. And poof, your own personal “slice” of happy.
We feel like vanilla doesn’t always get a fair shake. It’s flavor is understated, simple and lingers on the taste buds. It plays well with other flavors, which is a bonus.
Speaking of other flavors, if you are a chocoholic … check out our keto chocolate mug cake. Yum! 😉
What is a mug cake?
It’s a cake baked in a mug! I’m not sure where mug cakes originated from. I seriously looked it up. What I do know is that they are genius, single serving cakes from heaven. They are exactly what they say they are, cakes baked in a mug! It’s perfect for those needing a single serving and not baking the ENTIRE CAKE like with our Keto Chocolate Cake.
Tips to Making a Fantastic Keto Cake in a mug
- Be sure to use a microwavable mug.
- Scrape the sides down to ensure it has been properly mixed AND that it won’t burn on the sides.
- Your cake mug is going to rise so be sure to have ample room from the batter to the top. Then also keep an eye on your cake while it cooks up to ensure it will not spill out of the mug justtttt to be safe.
- It is going to be EXTREMELY HOT – I know you want to dig in but be very careful with removing from the microwave and also digging in immediately. Let that mug cake coooooooooool down.
Our Vanilla Mug Cake: All you’ll need
This really is a simple recipe for quick and easy cake in a personalized portion.
- Cream cheese, butter, coconut flour, baking powder, monkfruit sweetener, egg, vanilla extract and salt make the magic happen for this delicious treat!
Dairy-Free Options: You can swap in a dairy free alternative for the butter (or coconut oil) and also there are fantastic dairy-free cream cheese alternatives out there these days.
Pro tip: The cake will be HOT – so be sure to allow to cool before adding frosting or nabbing your first nibble.
Simply happiness in a mug. We love to close our eyes and take a deep whiff of the vanilla while it cools, imagining how amazing that first bite will be.
Inner peace from a Mug Cake? Oh yeah, it’s a thing.
Check out this homemade vanilla extract from Veggie Balance. We love how easy it is.
HOW MANY NET CARBS IN OUR KETO VANILLA MUG Cake?
6 Net Carbs! I’m actually really excited about that calculation after making these ourselves because truthfully one serving was just enough for me to feel TOO full so for now on I’m splitting it in half for the next day. Which would break it down to 3 Net Carbs and that is fantastic for us when it comes to dessert!
If youâ€™d like to use another form of sugar alcohol be sure to check out ourÂ low carb sweetener conversion chart. This recipe can easily be made sweeter by using more of whatever sweetener you decide to use. We tend to go on the mild sweetener side of things so do what works for you in that regard.
If you are new to this Low Carb/Keto lifestyle and are unsure what we are talking about please feel free toÂ read up more on Net Carbs.
So what are you waiting for? You have nothing to lose with this Keto recipe.
You deserve this. Mug it up!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE KETO / LOW CARB RECIPES:
Keto Vanilla Mug Cake
- Add cream cheese and butter into mug. Microwave on high for 15-20 seconds, or until coconut oil is melted.
- With a fork whisk in coconut flour, baking powder and sugar. Add the egg, vanilla extract and salt. Mix until fully combined. You'll want to scrape the sides of the mug down to avoid those spots burning.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds, or until cake has risen and toothpick comes out clean. WARNING: Will be very hot. Give a few minutes to cool down before adding your frosting and digging in.