Low Carb Baked Pork Chops and Peppers with a sweet and spicy marinade. Oven Baked in under 25 minutes for a delicious but quick dinner.
We needed something quick and using what we had in the fridge.
This Pork Chop and Peppers dinner is what became of that and has since become a dinner staple.
Now you might be dealing with the crazy heat wave that is buckling down on our country and the last thing you want to do is cook. I hear you and I feel your pain.
But. . . Low Carb eating is a lifestyle and we’ve got to eat!
So if you are struggling to turn on the oven save this recipe for once the heat breaks.
Or be like us and just deal with the fact that either way it’s going to be hot in the house and might as well eat some delicious low carb pork chops smothered in peppers. 😉
What type of carbs are in bell peppers
- Red, Yellow and Orange bell peppers are higher in carbs.
- Green Peppers are the way to go as they are lower in carbs compared to the above.
I wanted to make a mention regarding it as it’s just what I had on hand from a variety pepper pack.
In our family we are a little lose on this rule. Our thinking is it’s vegetables and they are good for us regardless. We will use the higher in carb peppers if they are on sale or around. If you are trying to stay strict though feel free to swap the red pepper with another green pepper in the recipe.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE LOW CARB RECIPES:
Low Carb Baked Pork Chops and Peppers
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 small onion roughly chopped
- 1 small green pepper chopped
- 1 small red pepper chopped
- In a large bowl mix all spicy marinade ingredients together. Place pork chops into bowl, coat chops with spicy mixture. Cover and marinade in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Place marinated pork chops into pan.
- In the marinade bowl, add green peppers, red peppers and onion. Toss peppers in marinade until well coated. Spread peppers across pork chops and into 9x13 pan. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 18-22 minutes.
- Remove aluminum foil, set Broil Setting on HIGH. Broil for 3 minutes. Serve immediately.