Low Carb Baking Flour Mix using just 4-Ingredients to create the perfect low carb flour for your baking and cooking needs.
With this low carb flour recipe, I got to enjoy a roll with my dinner! It was amazing, and my tummy wasn’t uncomfortable afterwards like it typically is if I get too many carbs in my eating plan.
Nutrition Stats on our Low-Carb Baking Mix Flour
- I should first talk a little about the carb count on this recipe (see recipe card below).
- I was so proud of myself for coming up with this concoction, simply because I thought I would have to give up the idea of ever baking again when I started eating low carb.
- When I entered the nutrition data, I was kind of taken aback. At first glance, 35 grams of carbs is a LOT when you are trying to eat low carb.
- After my panic subsided, I realized I had forgotten to figure in the fiber for net carbs. I was also looking at the content for the entire recipe, forgetting that you only eat a portion of this when you’ve baked something with it. In fact, I made some dinner rolls with this recipe, and the total net carbs was only 3!
I quickly googled the nutrition data on some mainstream baking mixes and found that I had cut the carbs by more than half! So I started feeling pretty good about this again.
I will say that these are a bit on the heavy side in density, but they are perfect for soaking up sauces and gravy, and they give your tummy that nice, full feeling without feeling like you swallowed a brick!
What 4-Ingredients you’ll need for the Low Carb Baking Flour Mix
- Oat Fiber
- Coconut Flour
- Flax Meal
- Almond Flour
A Note on Oat Fiber
Oat Fiber is very different from oat bran. Oat bran has a much higher carb count.
Oat fiber, however, can be a bit more difficult to find. So I would call around before you go from store to store searching for it.
Where to Find Oat Fiber
I ended up ordering online because every time I asked at my local stores, they tried to sell me oat bran instead of oat fiber. So be warned…
If you prefer to just order it online, you can find it here on amazon (affiliate link).
Note: If you do your own online search for oat fiber, “buyer beware” of the Trim Healthy Mama brand. Their customer service is the worst thing I’ve ever experienced. Even when you have a legitimate problem with your order, they pretty much tell you, “oops, too bad… not our problem“. That’s why I will be paying a tiny bit more to order it from amazon from now on.
RECIPES USING THIS MIX
Click here to see all the recipes I have made using this mix. Please know that this link is connected to a category on my blog, so as time goes on, there will be more and more of them. So don’t forget to check back for new recipes! Click here to see recipes.
Low Carb Baking Mix Recipe
- Combine all ingredients in a gallon-sized zipper-top bag and shake well to combine.
- Store in the freezer for up to 6 months.