LOW CARB BREAKFAST LASAGNA PROVES THAT ANY DISH IS PERFECT FOR BREAKFAST AS LONG AS YOU THROW IN A FEW EGGS! LAYER ON SOME CHEESE, BACON, AND YOUR FAVORITE ADD-INS FOR A DELICIOUS LOW CARB BRUNCH TO SHARE WITH A CROWD OR ENJOY ALL TO YOURSELF.
When you’re cooking for a crowd, recipes that use a few simple ingredients to make a big dish are key. Thankfully, this low carb breakfast lasagna has 6 full servings and only two required ingredients: eggs and cheese! How simple is that?
Just follow the base recipe, then add in your favorite meats and veggies. You can also follow our ingredient suggestions for a delicious lasagna packed with hearty flavor.
LASAGNA: IT’S WHAT’S FOR BREAKFAST
This recipe has all the staples of a tasty low carb breakfast. What could go wrong when you start with eggs, cheese, and bacon?
Just for fun, we like to throw in some chopped asparagus for texture and a serving of veggies.
Then, we add in a little green onion to really up the flavor game! The result is the kind of breakfast casserole that’s so delicious, even non-keto friends and family will be running back for seconds.
Plus, isn’t it just fun to announce that you’re serving lasagna for breakfast? Sure, lasagna is just a layered casserole (usually made with pasta). But since we’re layering the ingredients and using eggs to replace the pasta, we think this counts. And above all, it’s always a crowd pleaser. Of course, you could just as easily use this recipe to meal prep for days of delicious and satisfying breakfasts all to yourself!
LOW CARB BREAKFAST LASAGNA’S LAYERS OF FLAVOR
Are you ready to stack some delicious ingredients? To start, crack a dozen eggs into a bowl and whisk them well. The more you whisk, the more air you add to the eggs, so the fluffier they’ll be!
Once they are super-whisked, pour them onto a baking pan lined with parchment paper and bake for about 20 minutes at 400°F. This recipe does call for cooked bacon, so if your bacon isn’t already cooked, you can throw it in the oven at the same time.
After 20 minutes, remove the eggs from the oven and let them cool until you can handle them with your bare hands. Run a knife around the edge to separate the eggs from the pan, then flip the eggs over and remove the parchment paper. Cut the egg layer in half, then top one half with three pieces of cheddar, all the bacon, the chopped asparagus, half of the green onion, and three more slices of cheddar.
But we don’t stop there… we keep layering! Place the other egg half on top of your lasagna-in-progress and top with the final three pieces of cheddar and remaining green onion. Throw everything back in the oven until the cheese is melted, about 10-20 minutes. Let your breakfast lasagna cool for a few minutes, then slice it up and serve!
KEEPING IT KETO WITH LASAGNA
The combination of egg, bacon, cheese, asparagus, and green onion in this recipe is absolutely delicious. We highly recommend giving it a try.
But to be honest, you can build this keto brunch lasagna however you want! Don’t like green onions? Leave ‘em out! Love mushrooms? Add a layer of fungi on there! Out of asparagus but have some broccoli you need to use? Yep, you know what to do.
The beauty of this recipe is that it’s so versatile. You can experiment with all kinds of different flavors and ingredients. Try different cheeses, swap the bacon out for cooked sausage, or top it off with some cilantro and salsa. The world is your
HOW MANY NET CARBS IN LOW CARB BREAKFAST LASAGNA?
2 Net Carbs per slice of lasagna. This is calculated based on the ingredients listed in this recipe and cutting it into 12 slices. If you decide to switch it up and use different toppings, you may need to recalculate the nutritional information based on your specific ingredients.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE LOW CARB RECIPES:
- Low Carb Egg Muffins
- Keto Cinnamon Rolls
- Low Carb Chicken Enchilada Breakfast Casserole
- The Best Keto Pancakes
Low Carb Breakfast Lasagna Recipe
- 12 large eggs , cracked an lightly beaten
- 9 slices cheddar cheese
- 1/4 pound cooked bacon
- 6 ounce asparagus , chopped
- 1/2 large green onion , chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Line a quarter sheet baking pan with parchment and pour the eggs into it. Bake for approximately 20 minutes. Note that you can also bake the bacon in a second pan. I line mine with parchment and bake for 12 minutes, then turn every 2 minutes until done. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of your baking pan.
- Remove the eggs from the oven and cool to the point where you can handle the eggs with your hands. Run a knife along the edge to separate the egg from the pan. Flip the eggs over and remove the parchment. Cut the egg in half.
- On one half of the eggs layer, layer on 3 pieces of cheddar, all the bacon, chopped asparagus, half of the green onion and 3 more slices of cheddar.
- Cover that with the other half of the baked egg layer. Top with the last 3 pieces of cheddar and the remaining green onion. Bake for about 10-20 minutes or until the cheese is nicely melted.
- Cool slightly and serve.