Not too long ago I created a broccoli slaw recipe for my other blog. I made it with a clean sugar and juice sweetened cranberries. Way too high in carbs for the way I eat now.
My son got to enjoy the higher carb version (cranberries are so nutritious when you eat carbs!) while I altered the recipe to lower the carbs for myself. I have to say I tried it both ways and both were good. Slightly different, but really good. So I had no problem polishing off this lower carb version. It was delicious and we were both happy that night!
The stevia can be adjusted to your liking, so start with just a few drops and work your way up to taste if you are sensitive to stevia. I should also mention that the broccoli slaw had almost no carrots in it. Check the package you buy because carbs can vary greatly depending on what they put in there. Opt for one that is as close to being just broccoli as you can. Carbs in carrots and other additions can add up fast!
This was fast to put together and it couldn’t have been tastier!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
- Low Carb Spinach Cobb Salad
- Low Carb Strawberry, Bacon & Artichoke Heart Salad (Sponsored recipe)
- In a small to medium mixing bowl, whisk together the mayo, lemon juice and vinegar.
- In a larger bowl, combine the dressing with all other ingredients and toss until the slaw is well coated with dressing.
- Serve as a side dish or as a main salad.
Nutrition Data According To MyFitnessPal.com
(May not be totally accurate.):