This Low Carb Brownie Cake With Cinnamon Candy Crunch Topping is a mind boggling reason to stick to your low carb eating plan.
I love taking high carb recipes and trying to convert them to low carb. Sometimes I succeed, but more often things end up in the garbage and burnt, sad mess.
That being said, occasionally I hit a jackpot. And this recipe was exactly that. The gold at the end of the rainbow!
This is very sweet. If you don’t care for a highly sweet cake, omit the stevia.
This recipe adapted from Sweet Little Bluebird.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE LOW CARB RECIPES:
LOW CARB BROWNIE CAKE WITH CINNAMON CANDY CRUNCH TOPPING RECIPE:
Low Carb Brownie Cake With Cinnamon Candy Crunch Topping Recipe
- 1 cup almond flour (amazon affiliate link) - blanched and fine ground is best
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup erythritol (amazon affiliate link) - reserve 1/4 cup for topping
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- 1 tsp. pure liquid stevia
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon (or up to 1 tsp. , as you like, reserved for the topping)
- Oil an 8 x 8 baking pan and preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Mix together the 1/4 cup reserved erythritol and the cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside for just before baking.
- Mix together the remaining dry ingredients, blending well.
- Add in the wet ingredients and stir to combine, distribute the topping over the batter, then bake for 1 hour. It should be bubbling in the center when it's done.
- Cool completely, transferring to the fridge when the dish has cooled enough to do so. Cut and serve.
- You can add extra topping if needed by mixing a little more cinnamon and erythritol together and sprinkling over the top before serving. But be careful, because this can become sickeningly sweet pretty quickly!