So, I don’t know about you, but in my experience, life needs brownies. Low carb brownies. There is always some event or occasion that requires brownies, whether it be a barbecue, family function, neighborhood party or (for us girls), monthly cravings. Any way you look at it, brownies are necessary.
Such an event recently took place in my neighborhood. We had a neighborhood barbecue where we all gather once per year to catch up and touch base with new neighbors that may have moved in during the year. This year, was my first one of these get togethers. While I was busy eating, I was also listening to a neighbor sitting across from me talking about how he was diabetic and struggled with enjoying the foods he loves because of what they do to his blood sugar. Funny enough, I had just made these that morning.
So I went home, packed up a few of them for him and brought them over. He was impressed and it spurred an entire conversation about vegetarian baking. How we went from brownies to vegetarian baking, I’ll never know. But it is what it is and he definitely dove into those brownies!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE LOW CARB RECIPES:
- Low Carb Chocolate Mug Cake
- Low Carb Brownie Cake with Cinnamon Cany Crunch Topping
- Low Carb Strawberry Shortcake
LOW CARB BROWNIES RECIPE:
Low Carb Brownies Recipe
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2/3 cup oil
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup erythritol (powdered is better but not necessary)
- 1/2 tsp. pure liquid stevia
- 4 large whole eggs
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup low carb chocolate chips (I used Lily's)
- In a large mixing bowl and using a large, plastic spatula, mix together all the ingredients, EXCEPT the chocolate chips, stirring well to combine thoroughly.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and pour the batter into the pan (I used a casserole dish).
- Bake at 350 F. for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick pulls out clean.
- Remove from oven and pour the chocolate chips over the top if using so they melt a bit from the heat.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.