Looking for something to take along for Easter? Try this low carb veggie dip that will help you stick to your plan while enjoying the holiday!
If you are joining family for Easter this year and are not sure if there will be anything that accommodates your eating plan, try taking this along with you. Everyone will enjoy the presentation and you can comfortably snack while still sticking to your plan!
Really this can be made minus our bunny addition anytime of the year. The sky is really the limit when it comes to this low carb cheese ball.
What can you dip into this Low Carb Veggie Dip
- low carb bread
- low carb cheese crackers
- Green Onion
- Cherry Tomatoes
If this was just for me, I would have stuck with all low carb veggies. But since I know everyone else at the table will want some too, I added carrots and cherry tomatoes. Otherwise, I would have stuck with broccoli, cauliflower and celery.
HOW MANY NET CARBS FOR OUR LOW CARB Veggie Dip
1 Net Carb per serving. We ended up doing one serving as 1 Tablespoon of dip.
This was a tough recipe to measure. I guessed that it’s about 4 cups in total. So the nutrition data below may not be very accurate. Consider it a ballpark figure.
If you are new to this Low Carb/Keto lifestyle and are unsure what we are talking about please feel free to read up more on Net Carbs and why people do or don’t subtract sugar alcohols.
Recipe Notes: Have a little patience when applying the cheese to the outside. It takes a little time, but it’s totally worth it.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
Low Carb Cheese Ball Recipe
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese
- 1 (8 oz.) package sour cream
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 1 medium bell pepper (green is lowest in carbs, but red is prettier)
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. dried chives
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried dill
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. erythritol OR 4 drops pure liquid stevia (optional)
- 1/4 lb. bacon , cooked and broken into small bits
- 1 medium bell pepper
- a few sprigs fresh thyme for whiskers.
- sliced olives for the eyes (end cuts are best)
- In a large mixing bowl, mash together the cream cheese, sour cream, 1 cup each of the cheeses, the spices and sweetener if using. Mix well. (An electric hand beater would come in handy here!)
- Fold in the bacon.
- Lay out a large piece of plastic wrap or parchment.
- Put down the remaining cheeses (2 cups total) and spread out a bit over your surface.
- Transfer the ball of dip on top of the cheese, and begin picking up the extra cheese and pressing it into the ball until it is covered all the way around with shredded cheese.
- When done, you can easily pick up the ball without anything sticking to your hands.
- Transfer the ball to your serving plate.
- Cut the bell pepper into ears and a nose and sick them into the ball until they stay put.
- Press in a few whiskers and finally the eyes.
- Serve with veggies or low carb crackers.