I love rice pilaf. There is something about the flavor and texture together that just put it over the top for me. So when I went low carb, I wasn’t sure what I was going to do until I remembered riced cauliflower. It really is amazing stuff. I’m finding that when I replace things like pasta and rice with vegetables, the vegetables end up giving the dish so much more flavor.
So far, I’ve experimented with Zoodles (zucchini noodles) to replace pasta and this cauli-rice in place of rice and I couldn’t be happier!
The flavor in this dish is just as good, if not better than the rice pilaf I used to make, and even my little guy enjoys it, which is saying something. He’s definitely at an age where he’s testing his food limits, so a thumbs up on veggies is a thumbs up from mom each and every time!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
- 2 cups riced cauliflower
- 3 tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1 tsp. dried tarragon leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped or slivered almonds
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, saute the riced cauliflower in the oil until the cauliflower reaches the level of doneness you prefer.
- Add the spices and continue to cook for about 1 minute.
- Turn off heat and quickly stir in the almonds.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Nutrition Data According To MyFitnessPal.com
(May not be totally accurate):