This Low Carb Cheese sticks recipe is going to curb all those mozzarella stick cravings right here and now. Super easy to make with the end goal for a tasty Keto Mozzarella stick dipping into some low carb marinara sauce for you TONIGHT.
These low carb mozzarella sticks are one of my favorite low carb snack or appetizer for entertaining these days. We put a side of our low carb pizza sauce next to it and it is ALWAYS a hit. My family cannot get enough of these..
We love our fried cheese though.
These Keto Mozzarella Sticks can be made 4 different ways.
- Air Fryer – If you’ve got yourself a handy air fryer (affiliate link) I would definitely recommend using it for these low carb cheese sticks! They won’t taste just like your traditional fried mozzarella stick but the results are still VERY delicious.
- Oven Baked – I like this option since everyone has a oven AND some people (like me) hate dealing with frying. It is scary sometimes lol.
- Deep Fry – If you want the WHOLE fried mozzarella stick experience this is the way to do it.
- Pan Fry – Another ‘safer’ option verse Deep Frying like this option results are about similar to deep frying but less scary oil to deal with.
All the instructions for each way is below in our recipe card. Choose whatever is right for you.
HOW MANY NET CARBS PER LOW CARB CHEESE STICK
2 Net CarbsÂ per cheese stick. I normally devour 2-3 and am satisfied. Now if you are dipping into any delicious sauces like our pizza sauce be sure to calculate that into the recipe yourself.
Total Side Note: If you’ve got time whip together a batch of our low carb buffalo chicken dip recipe. Oh my word I think these two together would be heavenly.
These Low Carb (Keto) Cheese Sticks just HIT THE SPOT. I love being able to eat such delicious recipes like these and not feel one bit like I’m restricted with our WOE.
Now as I promised, in just 20 minutes you will have low carb mozzarella sticks dipping into some marinara sauce. Get crackin’!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE LOW CARB RECIPES:
- Low Carb Pretzels Recipe
- Low Carb Mexican Fries Recipe
- Low Carb Bacon Topped Deviled Eggs With Hungarian Paprika Recipe
Low Carb Cheese Sticks
- 8 regular cheese sticks
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. ground rosemary
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Unwrap the cheese sticks and set aside.
- Crack the egg into a shallow bowl or onto a plate. Using a fork, whisk the egg until the yolk and white are well combined.
- In a separate shallow bowl or plate, mix the almond flour, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, rosemary and garlic powder until well combined. Break apart any clumps that might be in the almond flour so you have a smooth mix.
- Roll the cheese sticks in the egg and then in the flour mixture.
- Roll once again in the egg and then again in the flour mixture.
- Twice should be enough to coat the cheese stick, but if you feel it needs more, repeat.
Air Fryer Instructions
- Place the breaded cheese sticks on a parchment lined cookie sheet and freeze completely. When frozen, place each cheese stick in the bottom of the air fryer basket in a single layer only. Cook at 370 F. for 7-12 minutes depending on your air fryer.
Oven Baked Instructions:
- Place the breaded cheese sticks on a parchment lined cookie sheet and freeze completely. When frozen, place the cookie sheet into a preheated oven (400 F) and bake for 4-5 minutes. You may need to turn them once to brown all the way around.
Deep Fry Instructions:
- Place the breaded cheese sticks on a parchment lined cookie sheet and freeze completely. When frozen, warm your oil to 365 F. Carefully lower the cheese sticks into at least 3 inches of oil or more for about 1 minute each.
Pan Fry Instructions:
- Place the breaded cheese sticks on a parchment lined cookie sheet and freeze completely. When frozen, put some oil in a skillet and fry each stick, rotating at about 1 minute on each side or until they are golden brown all the way around.