This Low Carb Chicken Enchilada Breakfast Casserole will make you swear you’re having chicken enchiladas for breakfast. Quick and Delicious Breakfast Casserole for Sunday.
I grew up with all Latina friends when I was a kid and was often in and out of their homes and kitchens.
I grew up on a buffet of Latin foods from different countries and I loved every bite of it.
I’m a life long lover of Mexican food. In fact, I would definitely have to say it’s one of my favorite types of food. This Breakfast Enchilada Casserole is no exception.
Couple Tips to Make this Enchilada Casserole Absolutely Perfect
- The only thing I added to the directions that I didn’t do myself was to cover the dish with foil during baking.
- As you can see from the photo, my yolks got a little overcooked because they weren’t protected from the direct heat enough. So that step is included below. But otherwise, this was so delicious and I was more than happy to call it breakfast.
It’s actually the great family debate to have cooked yolks or runny yolks. I prefer runny yolks myself .
The homemade flavors that are this enchilada casserole are far beyond the store-bought stuff. Never needing to go back every again.
Flavors that can take you on a culinary journey through Mexico all in one meal. It can be pretty spectacular when it’s done right.
What we need to keep the Mexican flavors alive in this Chicken Enchilada Casserole.
- Riced Cauliflower – Make this yourself or buy fresh or frozen.
- Chicken Breasts
- Our Easy Low-Carb Enchilada Sauce
5-ingredients are all we need to fill our kitchen with protein packed low carb Mexican deliciousness.
We’ve got to forgo some of the things that create Mexican foods: corn tortillas and rice.
That doesn’t mean we can’t still enjoy those authentic Mexican flavors. Quite the contrary. With just a few changes, those flavors are still alive and well in the kitchen!
This may seem sort of basic to some of you, but I basically just made a casserole and cooked two eggs on top of it and called it breakfast.
It is delicious!!
One other option meat replacement option for our breakfast casserole.
- If you would like to swap the cooked chicken out with cooked ground beef go ahead and do it. It’s also amazing.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE LOW CARB RECIPES:
- Low Carb Breakfast Lasagna Recipe
- Low Carb Bacon Asparagus Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- Low Carb Enchilada Sauce Recipe
Low Carb Chicken Enchilada Breakfast Casserole
- 12 oz. package riced cauliflower (fresh or frozen)
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breasts (cooked plain and shredded)
- 1 cup low carb enchilada sauce (see recipe below)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs
Low Carb Enchilada Sauce
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder
- 6 oz. tomato paste (no sugar added)
- 1/2 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the cauliflower, shredded chicken and enchilada sauce.
- Transfer to an oiled casserole dish (mine was ) and flatten to make the surface fairly even.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Crack the eggs over the top so that they sit on top as the top layer.
- Cover the casserole dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 60 minutes.
- Cool slightly and serve.
Low Carb Enchilada Sauce
- Place all ingredients in a medium to large pot and turn heat to high.
- Whisk until smooth. Heat until the edges just start to simmer. The sauce should be nicely thickened.
- Cool and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
Leave a Reply