Low Carb Chocolate Covered Bacon. Don’t knock it until you’ve try it! Perfect appetizer to serve for your next dinner party and you need just 2-Ingredients.
Seriously, don’t knock this until you’ve try it.
I think we can all safely agree that bacon is amazing. You truly cannot go wrong with bacon.
We can even use the bacon grease for future recipes! Ohhh we love you bacon. Dipping it in chocolate though? That is where we begin to lose some people… hear us out.
Do you love sweet and salty? This chocolate covered bacon is the ticket.
How do you make Chocolate Covered Bacon?
(the full recipe is at the bottom of recipe with the quantities)
- You want to cook your bacon. The key is to not cook it to a crisp albeit almost burnt. Why that is personally my favorite way of eating bacon it tends to fall apart if you cook it TOO much.
- You can then thread the bacon onto wood skewers.. This is totally optional. It’s just a nice way of presenting it if you are having guests and it does make it easer to dip into the melted chocolate, but again totally optional.
- Dip in chocolate! We love our low carb chocolate recipe for this. You can make your own at home like we do or buy the low carb chocolates that we link below in the recipe card.
HOW MANY NET CARBS FOR OUR LOW CARB CHOCOLATE COVERED BACON
2 Net Carbs per chocolate covered bacon skewer. There are 48 grams of sugar alcohols in this recipe. The Net Carbs per serving is by subtracting the sugar alcohol from the carbs. If you’d like to use another form of sugar alcohol to make your low carb chocolate be sure to check out our low carb sweetener conversion chart.
My family does subtract the sugar alcohols and I’ll continue to provide that sugar alcohol grams above the nutrition card below and you can decide for yourself if you want to follow that.
If you are new to this Low Carb/Keto lifestyle and are unsure what we are talking about please feel free to read up more on Net Carbs and why people do or don’t subtract sugar alcohols.
If you want to make some low carb chocolate fondue instead and dip your bacon in it that is always a delicious way to go as well! 😉
Low Carb Chocolate Covered Bacon
- 14 strips cooked bacon
- 12 wooden skewers
- 1 cup low carb chocolate
- Take freshly hot and cooked bacon. Carefully skewer through the bacon. Allow bacon to fully cool.
- Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a microwaveable glass bowl add low carb chocolate, microwave for 30 seconds, stir and repeat until chocolate is completely melted.
Please note that the nutrition data below is provided as a courtesy. We try to be accurate with this information but feel free to make your own calculations