Low Carb Chicken Curry recipe for a spicy low carb chicken recipe to add to your meal-preps.Â If you’re loving your Instant Pot, give this recipe a try. It’s quick to put together and dinner will be on the table in under an hour.
I love Indian food flavors. I can’t always handle the level of spiciness in the hotter dishes, but I do love all those aromatic smells as the food cooks. I’m crazy for curry, garam masala and cumin. That particular combination is always a good meal in my book.
I’m always looking for new ways to make chicken as well.
Exhibit A: Low Carb Macadamia Nut Crust Chicken.
So it’s pretty much a no-brainer to combine curry and chicken together.
I loved this served over a bed of riced cauliflower. But you could even do an exotic chicken taco!
You could serve it up with some curried veggies as well. Just saute them in some oil or butter and sprinkle on a little curry and garlic. Yum!
This is one of those simple dishes that gets cooked quickly in an Instant Pot, goes will with just about anything, offers super easy clean up (your instant pot insert) and is sure to be enjoyed again and again. It’s a win-win!
Need more Instant Pot recipes? Check out our Low Carb Instant Pot Chicken Biryani recipe. 🙂
HOW MANY NET CARBS PER SERVING OF OUR LOW CARB CURRY CHICKEN
6 Net Carbs per serving.Â Â I split the nutrition info for 1/4th of what the recipe makes so for 1/4th of the recipe is 6 Net Carbs.
Serve that on top of some cauliflower rice and I think we are in business for a tasty dinner! You also could serve this onto a bed of lettuce for a lunch. We love big salads like this Low Carb Spinach Cobb Salad… I bet this would be ahmazingggg in it.
If you are new to this Low Carb/Keto lifestyle and are unsure what we are talking about please feel free toÂ read up more on Net Carbs.
Recipe Idea: If you love curry and you love chicken salad be sure to check out our Low Carb Chicken Curry Salad! Sooooo delicious.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE LOW CARB RECIPES:
- Low Carb Curried Cauliflower Chowder
- Low Carb Thai Peanut Chicken and Cabbage Stir Fry
- Low Carb Chicken Curry Salad
- Low Carb Chicken Soup Recipe
Low Carb Chicken Curry Recipe
- 3 medium frozen chicken breasts
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp. pure liquid stevia or low carb sweetener of your choice
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tps. ground cloves
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Put all ingredients into your Instant Pot insert and stir to coat the chicken with the spices. I didn't add any water, but most people will tell you to add 1 cup water to the IP. I leave that up to you. But if you do, I strongly recommend making this with the chicken resting on the basket-style grate that the IP comes with to cook the chicken above the water instead of in it.
- Cook on the Meat setting for 40 minutes.
- Do a quick release.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate or bowl for shredding.
- In the liquid that is left behind in the IP, add the arrowroot powder or xanthan gum to thicken it. Whisk thoroughly to avoid clumps.
- Return the shredded chicken to the sauce and serve over cauliflower rice to complete the dish.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.