Low Carb Enchilada Sauce made with simple ingredients and spices to make a delicious and authentic keto enchilada sauce.
This low carb enchilada sauce is a delicious version of authentic, Mexican, homemade enchilada sauce!
You wouldn’t think of regular enchilada sauce as having a lot of carbs. But it really does, even the stuff you make at home!
So we’ve come up with a lower carb version of this delicious sauce to top and smother on all your favorite recipes.
There are just so many things you can do with enchilada sauce! Everything from low carb chicken enchiladas to enchilada breakfast casserolesÂ . It actually goes really nicely with our low carb taco salad as well.
HOW MANY CARBS IN OUR ENCHILADA SAUCE
2 Net Carbs (3 total carbs) per 2 Tablespoons of sauce. It also has 5 grams of fat per 2 Tablespoons as well making it a great keto enchilada sauce.
I’ve kind of gotten into a habit of making shredded chicken and just smothering it in enchilada sauce with some low carb cheese chips on the side.
Sometimes you just don’t have time for a fancy dinner and just need to make do with what you’ve got. I love making and shredding our chicken in bulk for meal-preps so when we’ve got zero time for dinner that night something quick with all the necessary nutrition we need.
So to summarize it all up – This is what you can do with your new low carb enchilada sauce.
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole – Huge family favorite here. I love it for when the whole family is around. Otherwise it is great leftovers.
- Taco Salad – My personal favorite. I could survive on taco salads if you let me.
- Chicken Taco Bowls – Not really a recipe yet, but throw it all in a bowl , top with your favorite low carb taco toppings and dinner is served!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE LOW CARB RECIPES:
Low Carb Enchilada Sauce
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder
- 6 oz. can tomato paste (no sugar added)
- 1/2 cup chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- Place all ingredients in a medium to large pot and turn heat to high.
- Whisk until smooth. Heat until the edges just start to simmer. The sauce should be nicely thickened.
- Cool and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
Leave a Reply