Low Carb Guacamole is just what we need this summer. Made with all-natural low carb ingredients and low carb chip options you won’t feel like you are missing out on anything!
For me, life would be sad and empty without the occasional, healthy helping of fresh, homemade guacamole. The store-bought stuff just can’t compare.
Best part is, it’s super easy to make! For this recipe, I used a large mortar and pestle. However, if you do not have one, not to worry. You can just as easily mince the onions and garlic with a knife and mash everything together with a whisk or fork.
That being said, if you’d like to have a good quality mortar and pestle, this is almost exactly like the one I use and I love it! (affiliate link)
I’ve since upgraded with a marble one since doing these pictures and I actually prefer it because it’s easier to clean.
There are several low carb guacamole chip dipping options.
My favorite is our Low Carb Cheese Chips since it’s the closest thing to a chip. We’ve tested it out with dairy-free cheese alternatives and they turned out slightlyyy different but it was still a success in our books.
Serve with mini peppers, washed and cut in half, in place of corn chips. Still totally low in carbs, high in flavor and you even get a healthy serving of veggies for the day! Can’t beat it!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE LOW CARB RECIPES:
Low Carb Guacamole Recipe
- 1 large clove garlic
- 2 tbsp. chopped, raw yellow onion
- 2 medium avocados
- 1 tbsp. lime juice (or juice of 1 lime - add some zest if you like a strong lime flavor)
- 1/2 tsp. good quality salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh, chopped cilantro (optional)
- In a large mortar, grind up the garlic and then the onions.
- Mash in the avocados, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Add fresh cilantro last if using and mash only slightly.