This low carb jalapeno pepper chicken skillet recipe is a great dinner idea for spicy food lovers!
My little guy doesn’t like spicy foods, as most kids don’t. So on the weekends he’s with his father, I get my spice on with dishes like this one.
This dish reminds me of a spicy taco chicken that you would use to stuff tacos with. But I didn’t want to have the carbs of a tortilla or mess with lettuce leaves, so I made a skillet recipe instead. I topped mine with fresh cilantro and some avocado with a little drizzle of olive oil when I served it.
It was filling and satisfied my “Mexican food tooth”, if that’s a thing. (I love dessert, but I much prefer salty/savory foods over sweet foods).
You could absolutely serve this as taco fillings in lettuce leaves or low carb tortillas and it would be delicious. But frankly, I got lazy and didn’t want to mess with all of that. This was great as a skillet meal and I had leftovers for the next day.
The spice level of this Low Carb Jalapeno Pepper Chicken Skillet recipe is totally customizable, so adjust as you like. Also, I used multi-colored peppers (in the photo) only to figure out that it was a little high on the carbs that way, so in the recipe, I list green peppers only. The only difference will be the color and the carb count. I promise it will still taste great. But if you prefer to use the tri-colored peppers, I got mine as a frozen mix from Trader Joe’s. Fresh peppers work just as well though.
So if you like spicy dishes, give this Low Carb Jalapeno Pepper Chicken Skillet recipe a shot for dinner tonight!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE LOW CARB RECIPES:
LOW CARB JALAPENO PEPPER CHICKEN SKILLET RECIPE:
Low Carb Jalepeno Pepper Chicken Skillet Recipe
- 1 lb. chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cups green bell peppers (chopped)
- 1/4 cup yellow onion (chopped)
- 1/2 medium jalapeno pepper
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- cilantro (fresh, chopped - optional)
- avocado (chopped - optional)
- There are two options for cooking the chicken. Either cook it ahead of time in and Instant Pot or slow cooker and shred it like I did, or cut it into chunks and cook it in the skillet with the oil almost completely before adding any other ingredients.
- Once the cooked chicken is in the skillet, add all other ingredients and cook until the veggies are done.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and even some avocado if you like.