Low Carb Ketchup Recipe made with just a few simple ingredients. This Keto Ketchup is made without all that added sugar and in just 10 minutes.
Switching to a low carb eating plan does not mean you have to give up the things you love, like ketchup. Oooooo and do I love ketchup. This low carb ketchup recipe is the perfect example of things you don’t have to give up!
Keto Ketchup has a million different uses but heres just a couple ways to use it.
- Big Mac Salad – It is just natural to want ketchup onto a burger. Am I right, or am I right?!
- Jicama Fries – Ketchup dipping with ‘fries’ is just a natural and oh so delicious combination.
- Eggs – Now this is a craving I personally don’t understand but know many who LOVE ketchup on eggs.
How Many Carbs are in our Low Carb Ketchup
3 Net carbs per tablespoon, it’s far better than anything you can buy off the selves and definitely lower in carbs from those high sugar varieties. So I just make sure that I watch my portions and enjoy the flavor that ketchup adds to whatever I put it on.
What type of sweeteners to use in our Low Carb Ketchup recipe
Now I think we can all agree that we all have different tastes and preferences on sweetness.
- Granular Xylitol (affiliate link)- is what we list on our recipe. 1/4 cup adds enough sweetness to the ketchup that it curbs those cravings.
- Powdered Stevia (affiliate link) – This is another FABULOUS alternative though it cannot be a direct 1:1 ration. I would personally start with 1/4 teaspoon of powdered stevia, taste, and then work your way to adding more if you prefer more sweetness.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THIS LOW CARB RECIPE:
Low Carb Ketchup Recipe made with just a few simple ingredients. This Keto Ketchup is made without all that added sugar and processed garbage in just 10 minutes.
- 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste no sugar added
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup xylitol or other low carb, granular sweetener (see notes above)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp. ground allspice
Whisk together all ingredients until well combined.
Store in the fridge until ready to use.
Please note that the nutrition data below is a ballpark figure. Exact data is not possible.