Low Carb Keto French Toast is the breakfast delight you’ve been searching for, without all the guilt and trimmed down on the carbs. Take our low-carb bread and make it magically delicious. Smother in our low-carb syrup.
Breakfast is ultimately the most important meal of the day. It can also be the best meal of the day, if you do it right. Enter Low Carb Keto French Toast for the win.
You’re going to love breakfast again.
Also for brunch, also for brinner, you get the idea. This french toast is so good, you can justify it all day, every day.
How to Make Low Carb Keto French Toast
First, you have to make your base – Keto bread. Then you get to liven it up.
What you’ll need:
- Make Keto Bread with almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, eggs, oil and cinnamon.
- A twist on traditional french toast, use unsweetened almond milk, eggs, cinnamon, salt and butter.
French toast has always has a special place in my heart. From bonding with my dad learning the definition of perfect French Toast as a child to comfort breakfast food as an adult.
Keto bread is perfection for French Toast. The almost flour and coconut flour blend for a perfect breakfast bread with fewer carbs.
Cinnamon is key in the bread making as well the process to make the bread French-tastic for breakfast. In my childhood French Toast, cinnamon was the magical ingredient.
GET QUICHE-Y WITH IT: Check out these mini crustless vegetarian quiche from Veggie Balance!
HOW MANY NET CARBS FOR OUR KETO FRENCH TOAST
3 Net Carbs for 1 french toast. We personally slice them rather thick so if you would like to make your slices thinner that can lower your carb count even more!
If you are new to this Low Carb/Keto lifestyle and are unsure what we are talking about please feel free to read up more on Net Carbs and why people do or don’t subtract sugar alcohols.
If you’d like to use another form of sugar alcohol be sure to check out our low carb sweetener conversion chart.
My family does subtract the sugar alcohols and I’ll continue to provide that sugar alcohol grams above the nutrition card below and you can decide for yourself if you want to follow that.
Top off in style:
Let us not forget a very important detail. TOPPINGS!
Some solid options:
- Blackberries (Um, YUM!)
- Roasted almond slices
- Butter if you’re old school (I love some Irish butter!)
- Bonus: Check out this Berry Sauce Recipe from My Gluten-Free Kitchen.
No matter how you top your Low Carb Keto French Toast, this recipe will make you love breakfast all over again.
The best part? Your family won’t know the difference, they’ll just love the flavor!
Keto French Toast
To Make French Toast
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened almond milk ( or full fat coconut milk or heavy cream)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 small bit of butter for skillet
To Make Keto Bread
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a standard bread loaf pan (see video for reference) with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and "tap/drop the pan" from about a 1/2 inch height onto your counter top a few times to work the air bubbles out of the batter. Regardless of the size of your loaf pan, don't fill it more than 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow loaf to fully cool before slicing.
- Slice in 1 inch thick slices.
To Make French Toast
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, ground cinnamon and salt.
- Quickly bread slices into mixture and be delicate as the slices can be a bit delicate. Allow the bread slices to asborb as much of the egg mixture and place into medium-high heat skillet. Fry both sides until golden brown and enjoy immediately with some bacon, low carb fruit and low carb syrup.