Keto Fudge is a great addition to the sweet snacks rotation for these upcoming holidays. This easy chocolate Fudge will have you saying “oh, fudge” in a good way with this foolproof fudge recipe.
Low Carb is definitely something delicious to celebrate. There’s just something about fudge that makes us extra happy.
Maybe its the texture, which ironically can only be truly described as fudge-y. Yes, fudge is a food, a texture and a substitute naughty word. We. Love. Fudge. Keto fudge even more. Achieving the perfect fudge can be tricky and this recipe took us MANY attempts to get right for you.
How to Make Keto Chocolate Fudge
If not prepared properly, you can end up with a gritty texture, too soft or even fall apart fudge. We must admit, falling apart fudge is not game over for us because we will still happily devour even the most crumbly of fudges. What you’ll need for fudge-y perfection:
- Keto Sweetened Condensed Milk – this is the absolute KEY of this recipe. We tried and tried to make this fudge foolproof for you without condensed milk… it didn’t work. So we figured out to MAKE OUR OWN! Yesssssss. you are hearing it right.. it’s actually quite simple
- You’ll also need: butter, sugar free chocolate chips and vanilla extract come together for this fudge.
- Dairy free swaps: Used coconut milk for our condensed milk, dairy free chocolate chips and dairy free alternative for butter.
- Pro tip: Be sure to allow your fudge to cool completed in the fridge before you cut it up and enjoy. It’s easy to want to jump the gun but we promise its worth the wait.
While we’re at it with the pro tips, keep in mind that the biggest foes to fudge perfection is losing moisture OR not simmering the heavy cream for 30 minutes.
Check out this Low Carb Sugar Free Keto Eggnog from Food, Faith, Fitness.Â
Store and savor your Keto fudge
Storing your fudge: The refrigerator is the best place to store your fudge, wrapped and placed in an airtight container. Using this method, your fudge will last much longer than outside the fridge (2-3 weeks at air temperature.)
We also found that with this fudge recipe it is actually pretty nicely ‘shelf-stable’ for gifts! ? It was our goal for this recipe to not have it turn into mush after removing from the fridge. If your home is warm though (lucky people who have Christmas with nice weather I’m talking to you) then I would recommend to storing it in the fridge until you are ready to gift it.
Can I freeze fudge? Yes, you absolutely can. But it’s best to let your fudge uncut in blocks. Double wrap with plastic and store in an airtight container in the freezer.
Thawing fudge: Put your frozen fudge in the refrigerator to thaw, leave the wrap on. Prior to cutting, unwrap your fudge and give it 15 minutes at room temperature.
Some Keto fudge worthy toppings:
- Sea salt
- Nuts: Walnuts, almonds, peanuts or even pistachios.
- Peanut butter (our low carb peanut butter recipe perhaps?)
- sugar-free candy of choice
- Peppermint extract to make these peppermint chocolate fudge!
HOW MANY NET CARBS FOR OUR Keto Chocolate FUDGE
1 Net Carbs per serving. Â Depending on the size that you slice your fudge the carb count will vary. Our calculation are based on making about 30 slices of fudge.
If you are new to this Low Carb/Keto lifestyle and are unsure what we are talking about please feel free toÂ read up more on Net Carbs and why people do or donâ€™t subtract sugar alcohols.
If youâ€™d like to use another form ofÂ sugar alcohol be sure to check out ourÂ low carb sweetener conversion chart.
My family does subtract the sugar alcohols and Iâ€™ll continue toÂ provide that sugar alcohol grams in the nutrition card below and you can decide for yourself if you want to follow that. ?
Some other delicious desserts you may like:
Keto Chocolate Fudge Recipe
- Pour heavy whipping cream into small pot and bring to boil over medium heat. Once boiling, reduce to simmer for approximately 30 minutes. Whisk or stir frequently to prevent skin from forming.
- Add room temperature butter, vanilla, and sugar to simmering cream and whisk until well incorporated.
- Add xanthan gum and stir thoroughly so there are no clumps.
- Remove from heat and immediately add chocolate chips, whisking until fully combined. If not smooth after a few minutes of whisking, return to low heat and continue to whisk until smooth.
- Pour immediately into a greased or parchment lined 8x8 or 6x9 pan/casserole dish.
- Chill uncovered in refrigerator at least 4 hours, overnight if possible.
- Cut and serve or package between sheets of parchment paper for gifting.