This Low Carb Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins recipe are a great healthy muffin, perfectly moist and dense for an on the go snack. This recipe is also keto friendly!
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins will always be a childhood favorite of ours. There is just no denying the sweet lemony flavor is the epitome of our childhood Saturday mornings.
I know the packaged muffin mixes are convenient but once you find how easy it is to make these low carb muffins at home from scratch with a few simple ingredients you’ll wonder why those muffin mixes were so popular growing up.
HOW MANY NET CARBS PER LOW CARB LEMON POPPY SEED MUFFIN
We are calculating 48 grams of sugar alcohol in our recipe. Unfortunately the recipe card we have does not let us enter in sugar alcohols BUT what we are coming back with is the following.
9 carbs per muffin (makes 6 muffins) â€“ 4g fiberÂ = 5 NET CARB MUFFINS!Â
Making them large or small low carb muffins
If you decide to make these into a few smaller muffins for a brunch or just for some simple portion control it is definitely an option. If you make them into 12 smaller muffins you are looking at 2 NET CARBS per muffin.
We personally prefer making them into 6 large (or normal size in my opinion) muffins. Very similar to our low carb blueberry muffins recipe I like to be able to eat a normal sized muffin with a cup of keto coffee and it just feels like a normal day in our household!
However, if you are hosting brunch. A couple cute lemon poppy seed muffins to the party will go over well. Especially when they are surprised that it definitely doesn’t taste like it is low carb!
Check out these almond flour banana muffins from Texanerin Baking.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE LOW CARB RECIPES:
Low Carb Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Prepare muffin tin by either greasing with baking spray or with muffin liners.
- Whisk together almond flour, baking soda, erythritol and sea salt together.
- Mix in eggs, vanilla extract, lemon juice, lemon zest, oil. Fold in poppy seeds.
- Spoon blueberry batter evenly between muffin pan. Fill them about 2/3 full.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out relatively clean and the tops are browned. Allow to cool 10-15 minutes before eating.