Low Carb Pumpkin Spice Meringue Cookies! Bringing together delicious autumn flavors to our favorite cookies this holiday.
Just because you eat low carb, doesn’t mean you have to feel left out during the holidays! You can have your cookies and eat them too! Literally.
These delicious low carb pumpkin spice meringues are the perfect treat. Sweet, crunchy and they become a delicious powdery bit of cloud-like goodness in your mouth.
We absolutely love our traditional sugar-free meringues but it occurred to us that we can make these a bit more festive and OH MY WORDDDDD… we are going to toot our own horn here and say, so freaking divine.
Meringue cookies require such little work it’s literally a miracle that they are not more of a steady dessert that is made. Step aside chocolate chip cookies… meringues are on the house. Once you take a gander at the nutrition info you’ll see why these are absolutely fab on the low carb diet.
If pumpkin everything is tickling your fancy – be sure to try these low carb pumpkin pancakes as well. 😉
All you need is 4-ingredients. That is it. We bet you have them on hand too.
Making the perfect meringue cookies
Meringues take a few little tricks to get justttttt right and in order for them to not crack at the top. So be sure to read this if you have never made meringue before.
- Be sure to separate your egg whites from your egg yolks carefully. Even a little bit of yolk can ruin the batter.
- Clean and dry bowl. Even the tiniest bit of water can make reaching stiff peaks. You want it to look just like you see below.
- Be sure to keep them and the heat in the oven. You don’t want to open the oven to check on them and let the heat out.. keep a stable environment for your meringues to bake.
Bonus Meringue Tip: If you have never made them before, know that they bake exactly as you put them on the pan. They won’t spread or rise or get bigger. So you can get quite a few of them on your cookie sheet without worry.
I will say that these can be made pretty by putting the meringue into a cake bag with a decorating tip.
BUT if you don’t happen to have one handy. Simply place the batter into a plastic, zipper-top bag, cut a corner off, and squeezed it out onto the parchment. Works pretty well!
What are meringue cookies?
I get asked this quite frequently. As I mentioned before, I’m not sure WHY but meringue cookies seem to be the undervalued cookie 😆 so many haven’t even had them before.
If you love marshmallows, if you love pumpkin spice… these cookies are a MUST to make.
HOW MANY NET CARBS IN OUR Sugar-Free Pumpkin Spice MERINGUE COOKIES
0 Net Carbs!! After I calculated this I was floored at my calculations. The bulk of the nutrition (well pretty much all of it) is the sugar alcohol erythritol.
Note: The Net Carbs per serving is by subtracting the sugar alcohol erythritol. If you’d like to use another form of sugar alcohol be sure to check out our low carb sweetener conversion chart.
You can use any sweetener that is a 1-1 ratio. So liquid stevia for example would not be a good replacement.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE LOW CARB RECIPES:
- Peppermint Meringue Cookies by ItsYummi
- Crustless Pumpkin Pie
- Low Carb Pecan Pie
- Keto Lemon Meringue Pie
Low Carb Pumpkin Spice Meriques Recipe
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup powdered erythritol (monkfruit works as well)
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice , no sugar added
- Pre-heat oven to 200 F or 150F if it goes that low.
- Beat the egg whites and cream of tartar until nearly stiff.
- Fold in the erythritol and pumpkin pie spice and finish beating until you get stiff peaks.
- Place dollops of whipped egg on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Mine were roughly the size of a golf ball, but I wish I had made them a tiny bit more "bite sized". So use your judgement on the size.
- Bake for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.