If you’ve been craving an ACTUAL sandwich with bread on the low carb lifestyle we’ve got this epic Low Carb Sandwich Bread for you and your turkey sandwiches.
A good sandwich bread recipe is something I’ve been meaning to do for a long time. Usually I just make my hot dog bun recipe into hamburger buns and use those for sandwiches. But there’s something to be said for getting an even slice of bread so your sandwich isn’t too “bready”.
I will most often enjoy a turkey sandwich or BLT when I do make a sandwich, so it’s nice to have a bagged loaf in the fridge. It feels like I went to the store and bought a loaf. It feels normal, if that makes any sense.
One thing I hate about changing the way I eat is when I feel different or like there is a huge, long list of stuff I can no longer have. It’s totally a mindset thing.
I know this about myself. It has nothing to do with what I actually can and can’t have. It’s that “diet mentality” and I hate it. So if I can have something on hand that is low carb AND feels “normal”, I’m all for it.
This loaf will dip a bit in the center as it cools, but it will still give you a nice, relatively square loaf of bread.
How to Bake our Low Carb Sandwich Bread
- I strongly recommend the parchment though (not wax paper!), otherwise you’ll end up breaking the loaf into large crumbs trying to get it out of the pan. Despite the look of it, it’s a somewhat delicate loaf.
- Allow this to cool fully, then just lift the loaf out by the parchment that hangs over the edge and gently slice. I found it easiest to line my pan with two pieces of parchment cut to the width of the loaf pan. (SEE OUR VIDEO BELOW THAT SHOWS HOW TO LINE PAN)
I love this flavor with turkey in particular. It reminds me a little of my Thanksgiving turkey with all the spices on it. Pretty good stuff! And if you eat dairy, spreading a little pat of butter on this would be simply divine.
How many slices out of our sandwich bread recipe
I got 19 slices out of this, but that can change a bit based on your bread pan. So I’m giving you both sets of data below. One with the data per slice from a 19 slice yield, and one for the entire loaf so you can simply divide the numbers by the number of slices you ended up with.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
Low Carb Sandwich Bread Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Line a standard bread loaf pan (see video for reference) with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and "tap/drop the pan" from about a 1/2 inch height onto your counter top a few times to work the air bubbles out of the batter. Regardless of the size of your loaf pan, don't fill it more than 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle of the loaf pulls out clean.
- Cool, slice and serve.