Low Carb Sausage and Mushrooms recipe for your weeknight dinner. Quickly whip together in one pan and enjoy your healthy low-carb dinner.
With this recipe being is naturally dairy-free you and low-carb you might be scratching your head since low-carb generally has a ton of cheese in it.
Packing the dish with protein and vegetables is really all that we need at times, and it is one of those times.
Really it’s not such a big deal without the cheese. I mean, with deliciousness like this low carb sausage recipe, you really can’t go wrong!
What type of low carb sausages are there to use?
- For this recipe, I used the Brat Hans brand Bratwurst. It’s a little pricier than most of them out there, but the quality of the meat is much better too. I don’t mind paying for some quality in my meat these days.
- That being said, do what works for you! I highly recommend bratwurst for this recipe, but it doesn’t have to be that particular brand.
This is a sausage and mushroom recipe is enough for 1 person that comes together simply and easily. All you have to do is chop some garlic and mushrooms for prep!
If you need to feed more mouths go ahead and double or triple the recipe to meet your families needs.
You might also enjoy these low-carb sausage recipes
Low Carb Sausage And Mushrooms Recipe
- 2-3 tbsp. oil
- 1/4 lb. white mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 standard bratwurst sausage, cut into 1/4" slices
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and saute the mushrooms until they begin to wilt.
- Add in the garlic and sausage and continue to cook until the sausage is warmed (if pre-cooked, which most are), and the mushrooms are fully wilted. (about 5-10 minutes or so)
- When done, turn off the heat, quickly toss in the fresh parsley and transfer to a plate. You don't want to actually cook the parsley. It offers much more flavor if it's quickly tossed in and served.