Sometimes, dinner has to happen on the fly. Meaning, it needs to be ready 5 minutes ago. One of the best meals I’ve found for this is totally easy to put together and nobody complains when I say that dinner is ready.
If you can chop veggies in a few minutes and slice a couple sausages, you’ve got this one in the bag. Or should I say, the skillet. It’s a great way to get your veggies for the day too. In fact, if you feel like this is too high in carbs for you, simply replace the red bell pepper with an extra green pepper and cut back a bit on the onions. But this was a really great meal and the best part is that I was full for the rest of the night. No cravings or munchies! (I still have that old habit of snacking at night. It’s totally mental and a habit I’m working hard to break!)
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE LOW CARB RECIPES:
- Low Carb Sausage & Mushrooms
- Low Carb Sausage Omelet
- Low Carb Sausage & Orange Pepper Breakfast Casserole
- 3 tbsp. oil
- 2 standard fully-cooked sausages (I used a garlic herb sausage)
- 1/2 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 oz. sliced white mushrooms
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground, black pepper
- salt to taste if needed after cooking
Warm the oil in a medium to large skillet.
Add the veggies and saute until they are al dente. Add in the sausages and warm through.
Cool slightly and serve.
Nutrition Data According To MyFitnessPal.com
(May not be totally accurate. Note that the data is based on the sausages I used. This data can change based on the use of different sausages. Mine where the chicken garlic herb sausages from Trader Joe’s.):