Low Carb Jambalaya recipe made in under 25 minutes for a quick and low carb dinner. This delicious Keto Jambalaya is a lovely combination of shrimp, spicy sausage and peppers.
I love a good jambalaya, but I’ve avoided it for a while now because of the rice. Then it dawned on me that I didn’t have to use traditional rice and could use cauliflower rice similar to our Herb and Garlic Cauliflower Rice without the spices and things got spicy in the kitchen pretty quickly!
Our family is a fan of spice if you can’t tell yet but our Buffalo Sloppy Joes and Homemade Low Carb Salsa. I use to never be able to handle spice until I met my husband and he’s gotten me into loving it! This Low Carb Jambalaya hits the spot.
HOW MANY NET CARBS IS IN OUR LOW CARB JAMBALAYA?
7 Net carbs per hefty serving and 1/4 of cauliflower rice. The fact it is so low in carbs makes me so happy for such a hefty serving considering this meal is so satisfying and keeps me full!
Low Carb Jambalaya Recipe Notes / Tips
- Peppers – Jambalaya is typically made with green peppers, but I only had red. So you can make that substitution if you prefer.
- Cauliflower Rice – If you rice your own cauliflower, make sure you get it really dry. Wet cauliflower wouldn’t be good here. I purchased mine already riced at Trader Joe’s. It has zero water in it so it’s a perfect sub for rice because you don’t get any of the cauliflower flavor.
- Spice – The spice measurements are kept mild on purpose. I figure you can always add more heat, but you can’t take it out. So try it first and then add more cayenne and paprika to your liking.
What type of Low Carb Sausage to use in our Jambalaya
- I was deliberately vague on the type of sausage called for. For me personally, I used the same Bratwurst (I know, I know) that I always use because it’s the healthiest sausage I can find. But I didn’t want to have people think it was the only option. So use whichever sausage you prefer. Many people like a good Andouille sausage in their Jambalaya.
Low Carb Jambalaya Recipe
- 1/2 cup yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 lb. cooked shrimp
- 2 large sausages sliced
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste no sugar added
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 (12 oz.) package frozen, riced cauliflower, cooked (I microwaved it without water)
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, celery and bell pepper in the oil for about 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and sausages.
- Stir in the tomato paste, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper, stirring until everything is cooked through and mixed well.
- Serve over cooked, riced cauliflower.