Low Carb Pizza Sauce Recipe made from scratch and perfectly smoky.
Pizza is a little project I’ve been working on for a while. Since I normally don’t eat dairy, pizza has been a challenge because I really miss the cheese. But as I’m discovering, cheeseless pizza is actually pretty tasty if you do it right.
One of the things that matters most is your sauce. There are so many things you can do to make a good pizza sauce! The list is really pretty endless. But I wanted to make a pizza with chicken since I happen to have some in the fridge.
Our Low Carb Pizza Sauce Note:
- This does have a tendency to separate a bit which is why you see so much oil at the top of the jar. But a quick stir usually gets it well mixed again.
I love smoky flavors with chicken, particularly in sauces. So I took a peek at my paprika collection and found some wonderful smoked paprika. It’s a great way to add that smoky flavor without having to mess with liquid smoke or other ingredients you may not want to use for health reasons.
Personally, I’ve never cared much for chemical smoke flavors. I like something real and earthy. A good quality smoked paprika will give you just that.
My pizza turned out pretty darn tasty too! See the pizza I created with this sauce.
Make the crust and then the low carb pizza sauce. You are in Pizza night business.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
Low Carb Pizza Sauce Recipe
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 3 medium cloves garlic minced
- 1 (15 oz.) jar tomato sauce crushed tomatoes, no sugar added
- 1 tsp. powdered rosemary
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- salt to taste
- liquid stevia to taste (optional)
- In a small skillet, saute the onions and garlic in 1 tbsp. of olive oil over low to medium heat until the onions are translucent.
- In a medium pot, combine all ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for about 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Cool and pour into container and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks, or freeze for up to 6 months.
Leave a Reply