Low Carb Stuffed Peppers recipe made into a low carb pizzas! Fill with your favorite low carb pizza toppings and be ready to add it to the weekly dinner rotation.
What is it about pizza that we love so much?? As soon as I think of pizza it’s just got me CRAVING for that comfort food deliciousness. I love that there are so many delicious low carb pizza options like our Low Carb Cauliflower Pizza Crust. We are bringing you something even easier today with these Low Carb Stuffed Peppers made PIZZA STYLE.
Yep, Stuffed Bell Pepper Pizzas that are quicker and easier than a traditional low carb crust.
How to Make Low Carb Stuffed Peppers
- Slice – slice our bell peppers in half and de-seed.
- Fill – fill with your favorite pizza toppings (see more options below) and our low carb pizza sauce if you can’t find a low carb pizza sauce in store.
- Bake – Just bake for 20-25 minutes and low carb pizzas are readyyyyyy.
HOW MANY NET CARBS PER SERVING IN OUR Low Carb Stuffed Pizza Peppers RECIPE
4 Net Carbs per pizza half based on the recipe. Now if you add any additional toppings be sure to calculate that into the recipe yourself.
R is a meat-lover (aren’t we all being on this diet??) but we packed it with sausage and bacon and it was deliciousss so that is what we made the recipe here with. I love olives myself and R does not. . . but I’m adding that into as an option for our low carb pizza toppings below.
If you’d like to make your own low carb sausage simply take our Low carb Turkey Breakfast Sausage recipe and crumble it up for this recipe!
What low carb toppings to add to our pizza stuffed bell peppers.
There are so many options! But here are my favorite additions.
- Green or Black Olives
- Extra drizzle of olive oil if you need the extra fat that day!
The options are endless, did I forget anything to add? Let me know. I am known to get stuck in a rut with my pizza toppings and R constantly tells me to try new things.
My favorite pizza topping combination is – Onions, Green Olives, Extra Peppers, Pepperoni, a TON of cheese and red pepper flakes. :))
WHAT TYPE OF BELL PEPPERS USED WITH OUR STUFFED PEPPERS RECIPE AND WHY
- Red, Yellow and Orange bell peppers are higher in carbs.
- Green Peppers are the way to go as they are lower in carbs compared to the above.
I wanted to make a mention regarding it as it’s just what I had on hand from a variety pepper pack that is cheaper to buy at our store.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE LOW CARB RECIPES:
Low Carb Stuffed Peppers (Low Carb Pizza)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Place bell peppers on baking sheet. Coat with a thin layer of oil.
- Fill each pepper half with 3-4 Tablespoons of pizza sauce. Fill in with your favorite other low carb toppings like bacon and sausage.
- Sprinkle each pepper with cheese. Bake 18-20 minutes, or until peppers are tender and cooked through.