Thai Chicken Cabbage Stir Fry is a delicious favorite in our household that is sure to be the shining star in yours. Peanut buttery goodness with classic thai flavors your whole family will love.
Low Carb Thai Chicken Cabbage Stir Fry is one of those dishes you’ll crave on a long day. It’s full of great flavor.
Low Carb Thai Chicken Cabbage Stir Fry 101
A few simple ingredients will have this dinner rocking and rolling. Some other key details:
Prepare ahead of time: Yes, you can prepare your Low Carb Thai Chicken Cabbage Stir Fry ahead of time. You can chop up the pieces of the stir fry and store in the fridge, you can cook up in no time.
How to store leftover stir fry: To properly store your Thai Chicken Cabbage Stir Fry, place in an airtight container and store in the fridge. Reheat a portion when you’re ready to eat, but do not reheat a second time. It is only safe to reheat chicken one time.
Can I freeze stir fry? Yes, you can. Allow your stir fry to cool to room temperature or refrigerator prior to freezing. Be sure to portion out your stir fry and place in airtight containers to freeze.
How to reheat frozen stir fry: Place your frozen stir fry in the refrigerator overnight to defrost. To best reheat, we recommend placing your stir fry in an oiled pan on low to medium heat.
What are the benefits of stir fry?
There are several benefits when it comes to stir fry.
Stir fry is by nature fast and easy. It’s a foolproof meal for most and can offer a lot of flavor with very little time. The quickness of how stir fry is cooked also results in vegetables that remain more nutrient rich than if boiled.
In addition to being quick, stir frying requires very little oil to get the job done, which helps keep the fat content low as well. Most importantly without sacrificing flavor.
Last but not least, stir fry is a budget friendly type of dish that can be portioned and frozen. Winning at meal prep with awesome Thai flavor!
Master your stir fry skills
Some key tips to keep your stir fry fabulous.
- Cast iron is fantastic choice for stir fry because of the even heat distribution.
- Stir fry is a quick dinner by design, heat is your friend.
- Prepare your ingredients before you cook
- Slice your meat and vegetables so they are thin, but with a larger surface area
- Thicken your sauce if needed
HOW MANY NET CARBS FOR OUR Low Carb Thai Chicken Cabbage Stir Fry
5 Net Carbs per serving of our delicious Thai Chicken Cabbage Stir Fry.
Remember we are a judgement free zone here and please be kind to others if they follow things a bit differently.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
Thai Peanut Chicken Cabbage Stir Fry Recipe
- 1 tbsp. olive oil + extra for cooking
- 1 lb. chicken breast, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 stick dried lemongrass ( or 2 teaspoons zested lemon)
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 tbsp. natural peanut butter, no sugar added
- 4 cups thinly sliced savoy cabbage
- salted peanuts for garnish
- fresh, chopped cilantro for garnish
- salt to taste after cooking
- In a large skillet brown the chicken in the oil.
- Add the coconut milk, lemon juice, spices and peanut butter to create a sauce.
- Add the cabbage in and stir, adding more oil as needed to keep things from burning or drying out.
- When the meat is cooked through and the cabbage is cooked al dente, remove from heat, remove the lemongrass stick (discard) and season to taste with salt.
- Serve topped with fresh cilantro and a few peanuts.