Most people know Toad In The Hole as a breakfast dish made with bread. It’s basically toast and eggs fried in a pan. It’s yummy, but not the most filling dish there ever was. But that all changes once you switch the bread for ground turkey! In fact, you could switch with ground meat of any kind you like!
This delivers both on fat and protein for sure. And if the avocado puts you over your carbs for your daily meal plan, feel free to leave it off. It works either way. But the avocado really is a delicious addition and a wonderful way to get some veggies, or fruit rather, in with breakfast.
I will say that this is a big breakfast. So if you’d like to share, feel free to split it in two. But I find I need a good, sturdy breakfast so I’m not hungry an hour later and this does the trick every time!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE LOW CARB RECIPES:
- 3 tbsp. oil
- 1/2 lb. ground turkey
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 medium avocado (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste after cooking
- Warm the oil in a skillet.
- Form a square patty with the ground turkey and place in the pan. Use a spoon or the handle of your spatula to bore a whole large enough for your egg, making sure to flatten out the patty again so it cooked evenly.
- Cook on one side until brown, then flip. Once flipped, crack the egg into the hole in the middle of the patty.
- Season patty with garlic and onion powders.
- Flip as needed to get the egg cooked to your liking.
- When done, transfer to plate and top with chopped avocado (if using).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Data According To MyFitnessPal.com
(May not be totally accurate. Data does not include avocado.):