Easy Low Carb Burger Buns made on a waffle iron for our summer burgers or sandwiches! Just 5-Ingredients for a low carb burger bun.
It’s a good day while unpacking and you find your waffle iron!
If you think waffle irons don’t belong in your kitchen. You are wrong. Here is our favorite waffle iron (affiliate link).
Beef or Turkey in for our Low-Carb Burger Buns
- I personally prefer the flavor of turkey.
- You can just as easily use ground beef, or any ground meats you prefer. This is a really basic recipe which makes it perfect for making substitutions wherever you like.
So I plugged it in and made a basic burger patty with a few spices mixed in for flavor. Then I turned the meat into the “bread” and simply stuffed it with all the toppings you would normally put on a burger. Easy to make, easy to eat and everyone is happy in the dinner department!
RECIPE NOTE: Do not use a Belgian waffle maker as the patties won’t cook evenly or thoroughly.
And the best part is that a waffle maker produces almost no heat in the kitchen, so on hot summer day’s these are perfect! On hot days I refuse to bake things that heat up the kitchen! Win win!!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE LOW CARB RECIPES:
Easy Low Carb Waffle Iron Burger Buns for our summer burgers or sandwiches! Just 5-Ingredients for a low carb burger bun.
- 1 lb. ground turkey or beef
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. oil
In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and knead to combine.
Divide into 4 equal parts and press gently onto you waffle maker.
- Cook for approximately 10 minutes, or until the waffle patty reaches at least 165 F. on a meat thermometer. This can vary greatly by waffle iron, so be sure to use a thermometer in the thickest parts of the patties.
- Remove and cool slightly.
Top with your favorite low carb toppings and finally with a second patty.