These low carb waffles make a great start to a weekend morning, or a quick breakfast from the freezer to the toaster when you’re in a hurry!
Waffles are a must in my house. Our family loves them.
Saturday mornings are particularly appropriate for pancakes or waffles. But even though this is a weekly family ritual, I’ve had to find a way to reduce the carbs.
Try our Low Carb Pancakes just in case you haven’t gotten your hands on a waffle iron yet. 😉
So I altered this family recipe to this grain-free version which naturally reduced the carbs as well. They are delicious! A tad on the dense side, but soft. A slight coconut flavor comes through, but if you some toppings, it’s barely noticeable.
Low Carb Waffle Toppings
- Low Carb Berries like Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries and Strawberries
- Low Carb Rhubarb Compote (hecks to the yeah.)
- Low Carb Lemon Curd
Helloooooo summer with all those options.
I like to make a big batch of these when I prep my food for the week and store them in the freezer. They make great toaster waffles and I’ve even been known to eat them in the car when I’m in a hurry.
How easy it to make low carb waffles?
I agree it sounds like a oxymoron but really it’s SO easy to make these babies. Whip 5 ingredients together and pour into the waffle maker.
The easy ingredients you need for our waffles:
- Almond Flour
- Coconut Flour
- Vanilla Extract
- Coconut or Almond Milk
Pretty simple and so delicious. Enjoy!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THIS LOW CARB RECIPE:
Low Carb Waffles Recipe
- Whisk all ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Pour or ladle batter onto a heated, oiled, waffle maker and cook as usual.
- Top with berries or other low carb toppings.
- Store these in the freezer and pop them in the toaster to re-warm.