I’m trying something new. I’ve challenged myself to something I call my “100 Day Challenge”. Each day I’m dedicating myself to working out for at least 30 minutes and following a low carb eating plan that fits me best. I’ll be sharing more about it in January. But the process of this challenge has opened my eyes to a few things. Namely, I really MUST have low carb meals at hand all the time. If I get home and can’t think of a thing to eat, that’s when I get into trouble. Lucky for me, I publish a low carb blog.
Why lucky? Because I’m learning that if I do all my cooking (and photographing) on the weekends, I have a fridge full of low carb foods that get me through the week. I don’t have to wonder what’s for dinner, or in this case, what’s for breakfast because it’s already in the fridge! I just cook up a little extra bacon or sausage to go with it and I’m good to go!
This frittata is delicious and holds well during the week in the fridge. I noshed on this all week with no issues and felt totally full until lunch. It was perfect! I think this is definitely a new routine I’ll be sticking with!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE LOW CARB RECIPES:
- 3 tbsp. oil
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. ground dried rosemary
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- 1/2 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, chopped into medium chunks
- In a large skillet, warm the oil.
- While it warms up, crack the eggs into a medium mixing bowl.
- Whisk in the spices, then fold in the garlic, onion and zucchini
- You can cook this on the stove using a lid that fits your pan, over low to medium heat until the eggs are cooked through.
- Or, you can bake this (that's what I do) at 350 F. for about 30-40 minutes or until the eggs are fully cooked through.
- Slice and serve.
Nutrition Data According To MyFitnessPal.com
(May not be totally accurate):