Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Sauce recipe made with a few delicious ingredients and in under 30 minutes you’ll have a tasty and satisfying dinner or side dish.
This Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese sauce is a lot like our Keto Cheese sauce. It is the go-to meal when I don’t feel like spending too much time in the kitchen cooking.
We’ve made a few dinner variations with this sauce over the years, check out our Keto Salmon Sun-dried Tomatoes and Broccoli dinner.
This Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Sauce recipe is just another fun recipe twist using smoked salmon! I use smoked salmon frequently because I always have smoked salmon sitting in the fridge. No worries about actually cooking it. Feel free to add some traditional cooked salmon to the recipe in replacement though if smoked salmon is hard to find where you live.
When I don’t know what to make I go to our cheese sauce, add some salmon and steam some broccoli from the freezer. Perfect weeknight dinner.
Check out this roasted salmon from Healthy Seasonal Recipes.
HOW MANY NET CARBS FOR OUR SMOKED SALMON CHEESE SAUCE
9 Net Carbs when splitting this into 4 servings.
Splitting it into 4 servings would be servings for a main meal. If you are serving as a side dish you’ll easily be able to get 6-7 servings out of it.
The net carbs do not account for any additional parmesan cheese you decide to put on top so do keep that in mind. I like to add a little bit of fresh Parmesan on top for that extra nutty and salty flavor.
If you are new to this Low Carb/Keto lifestyle and are unsure what we are talking about please feel free to read up more on Net Carbs and why people do or don’t subtract sugar alcohols.
HOW TO MAKE SURE YOUR CHEESE SAUCE TURNS OUT RIGHT AND DOESN’T SEPARATE.
Here are some ways to help avoid your cheese sauce from separating.
- Beware of water – Depending on the quality of ingredients just even a tiny bit of water will have the sauce separate on you. Which goes back to quality ingredients. If you are using lower quality cheese especially I would not pour your steamed veggies into the sauce as this is almost a guarantee it will separate on you.
- Quality – using quality ingredients is actually really important for this recipe. Higher quality ingredients tend to have more fat and are not processed as much in terms of added ingredients. Quality ingredients are more predictable.
- Heat – You want the heat to be low enough to thicken our cream BUT not hot enough that it is rolling bubbling. Having it too hot will cause your sauce to burn and/or separate.
Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons butter (or dairy-free alternative)
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 cup heavy cream ( coconut milk for dairy-free alternative)
- 10-12 churns freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt + more to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 3 ounces smoked salmon , roughly chopped
- 4-6 cups steamed broccoli
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic cook for about 2 minutes, or until garlic becomes fragrant and toasted.
- Turn heat down to a medium-low. Stir in heavy cream. Keep whisking together until cream begins to thicken. Turn heat down to low heat.
- Add black pepper, salt, parmesan, cream cheese. Cook for another 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until cheese is melted and sauce is hot. Stir in smoked salmon, cook for another 3 minutes.Pour over steamed broccoli and serve immediately.
Please note that the nutrition data below is provided as a courtesy. We try to be accurate with this information but feel free to make your own calculations.