Unstuffed cabbage soup with the flavors of cabbage rolls all made in the slow cooker for a easy and delicious low carb dinner recipe on a weeknight.
The cooler brisk mornings, extra sweater layers to keep warm and book reading under a cozy blanket is telling me that Fall is here.
There are a few things that I begin craving at this time of year.
Pumpkin – Low Carb Pumpkin Pie, Low Carb Pumpkin Pancakes
SOUP – Everything from our Low Carb Risotto Bolognese Soup to our Low Carb Chicken Soup. Adding this unstuffed cabbage roll soup to the soup rotation is a MUST.
This cabbage soup satisfies all those warm cozy cravings along with keeping our lazy cooking habits content. It’s what I like to call the ‘dump and forget it’ cooking method.
My favorite way to cook! You’ll be super pleased once you realize how fabulously low carb this soup is as well!
HOW MANY NET CARBS FOR Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Soup
2 Net Carbs per serving when you split the entire cabbage soup recipe into 12 servings of soup.
Shut the front door, right?! This filling soup is amazing on all front.
My husband eats about 2 servings of this unstuffed cabbage soup but that being just 4 net carbs for a meal is pretty spectacular.
How this Unstuffed Cabbage Soup became
If you are one of those people who grew up on cabbage rolls this is going to satisfy all those cravings.
I use to make the classic cabbage rolls on a yearly basis just because it was a family tradition. I began to get lazy though and the one thing that I HATED was dealing with rolling the actual cabbage roll. I love the flavor but none of that extra rolling work.
This unstuffed cabbage roll soup came into existence when that laziness went into full swing. I’ve never looked back and hope you love it as much as we do!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE LOW CARB RECIPES:
Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Soup
- 1 pound ground beef cooked and drained
- 1 cup uncooked riced cauliflower
- 1 small onion chopped
- 6 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 (14 oz)can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 cups beef broth
Slow Cooker Instructions
- Add all ingredients into a slow cooker and roughly mix together.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours or High 3-4 hours, or until cabbage and riced cauliflower is tender.
Stove Top Instructions
- Add all ingredients into a large pot. Simmer on low covered stirring occasionally every couple hours for at least 3 hours or until cabbage and riced cauliflower is tender.
Leave a Reply