Low Carb Waffle Iron Omelets
Servings: 7 standard sized waffles
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tbsp. oil, divided + more in a spray bottle for your waffle maker
- 1 tsp. dried Italian Seasoning (an herb mix found in any spice aisle)
- toppings of your choosing such as cheese, tomatoes, avocados or anything else you would enjoy on an omelet
Crack your eggs into a medium bowl, whisk lightly and set aside.
In a skillet, saute the onions and garlic with 2 tbsp. of the oil, then cool a bit so they won't cook the eggs when you combine them.
Poor the onions and garlic into the eggs along with the Italian Seasoning and 2 tbsp. remaining oil and whisk to combine.
Oil your waffle maker and pour in just enough egg mixture to cover the bottom of the wells. These puff up a lot during cooking so you don't want to put too much into each waffle well.
Cook to the directions of your waffle maker until they are fulling cooked through.
Remove from the waffle maker and transfer to a plate. Add your favorite toppings and serve.